Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Iphone Users

hi aido, sen tu a pm mate.

will i still be able to sync it with computer/itunes, install apps from app store etc etc, sync email, etc??

i have no idea bout any of this so just wondering before i look into it any more.

rob

Somebody feel to correct me if they know better but I was told that if you unlock your Iphone then you will not be able to update via iTunes etc as apple take a dim view of jailbreak phones?

Could just be apple scaremongering but it was enough to put me off as I need the updates as the thing freezes and goes wrong so often I need the latest patches to stop me throwing it through the window!!!'

Anyone got a 3Gs, any better than others?

:shifty:

You can do almost anything you want once they are unlocked and jailbroken. Thing you must remember is not to let iphones update the software. It did this on mine when I didn't realise and the repairers siad it was bricked. But I found a way to sort it from the net.

You can do almost anything you want once they are unlocked and jailbroken. Thing you must remember is not to let iphones update the software. It did this on mine when I didn't realise and the repairers siad it was bricked. But I found a way to sort it from the net.

how/when does it try to update the software steve??

what are the benefits of jailbreaking an iphone??

i know unlocking allows multi network uses, but wondered if jailbreaking is of any beneifit?? or indeed whether in order to unlock the unit it gets jailbroken at the same time?

I was going to ask the same. I have an Iphone which I am using on 02 anyway so is there anything to be gained?

what are the benefits of jailbreaking an iphone??

i know unlocking allows multi network uses, but wondered if jailbreaking is of any beneifit?? or indeed whether in order to unlock the unit it gets jailbroken at the same time?

I was going to ask the same. I have an Iphone which I am using on 02 anyway so is there anything to be gained?

well jailbreak is pratically you coudl install third party softwares mostly for free thats the only benifit i could think of

i just got the New 3GS Iphone on O2. It is an awesome peice of kit and i am glad i held out for it.

if you are planning on getting one i would suggest you get this one. Mines was well priced as well. £44.05 per month and the phone was £100. No bad considering what you getting for your money.

nah i already have 2 x US 2G iphone's sitting here ready to get sorted. They are both running firmware 3.0, so the most up to dat ei believe.

I've looked on various sites and seems like i just need to install and run red snow and a couple of other patch files and then re-install the correct firmware version?? so should be doable? mind you, i'll probably mess it up and screw the phones! lol!!