Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Has Anyone Been To See This Gs300?

I have been looking for a decent GS300 Sport for a few years now and have recently seen this one although it is a MK1.

Has anyone else been to see it or knows of the car? I am trying to book a viewing to see it next Sunday but wanted to know if there is any history I should be aware of on here of it, or if anyone has any opinions on it?

Also, are the things to look for similar to the MK2's or is there a different list? I will be having a look through this forum before looking at it but anything else major that can crop up other than balljoints, etc?

:shifty:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1173614.htm

Nice looking GS, The mark 1's are solid mate, shame it has not got the wider rear alloys. bit dubious about the mileage though !!

I did email the guy and he seems quite a nice fella. The car has full service history and the mileages are all documented as shown below: -

Lexus St albans Pre Delivery inspection

L St Albans 997

L St Albans 9756

L St Albans 18519

L St Albans 25089

HR Owen Lexus 35222

Lexus St Albans 40588

Lexus Edgware 43019

L Edgware 47211

SPS Cars 56883

SPS Cars 64455 including cam belt (just before christmas)

Obviously I will have to have a good look around it with a fine tooth comb, and have a good haggle with the price :winky:

Your wheels look sweet in your picture, maybe if I got it that could be a future upgrade I could look into!

Well I have sacked seeing this as the bloke didn't reply to a few of my emails asking for some extra information, and it's been taken off Pistonheads so I will assume it's sold or he has something to hide! *sigh*

That's a shame mate. I had a mint one (mk1 sport) for sale about three months ago, went to Ireland in the end, you would have liked it!! I'll keep my eye's open for you anyway and post in this thread if I see any.

Phil

Cheers Phil, much appreciated :winky:

That was far too much money anyway for a Mk1.

I have just sold my 1999 Mk2 sport with 87000 miles with the brand new brake master booster unit costing £2000 (common fault with these cars) plus complete service, 7 months tax, new disc's and pads front new pads back,wheels refurbished.

Everything working 100% and I said on this forum that it was for sale as another member was looking for one but he decided I was too far away from him.

As you were so keen to buy one I am surprised you did not see it.

Sold it for £2500.00

Norman

Cheers Phil, much appreciated :winky:

That was far too much money anyway for a Mk1.

I have just sold my 1999 Mk2 sport with 87000 miles with the brand new brake master booster unit costing £2000 (common fault with these cars) plus complete service, 7 months tax, new disc's and pads front new pads back,wheels refurbished.

Everything working 100% and I said on this forum that it was for sale as another member was looking for one but he decided I was too far away from him.

As you were so keen to buy one I am surprised you did not see it.

Sold it for £2500.00

Norman

He seems keen to buy a Series 1 where-as yours was a Series 2. I had my Series 1 Sport for 6 years and much preferred the far sleeker body shape compared to the Series 2, although I do find the GS 430 a better car to drive!

Nice looking motor that one..but there is no Lexus dealership in St albans..theres only one in Hatfield.....

If i had the money and got a plane ticket to scotland i would seriously consider buying this one on pistonheads looks mint

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1186263.htm

Looks mint agreed but surely it is well overpriced in the current market.....plus it's a Series 2 and he wants a Series 1.

Nice looking motor that one..but there is no Lexus dealership in St albans..theres only one in Hatfield.....

If i had the money and got a plane ticket to scotland i would seriously consider buying this one on pistonheads looks mint

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1186263.htm

Looks mint agreed but surely it is well overpriced in the current market.....plus it's a Series 2 and he wants a Series 1.

Yeah it is but you can always negotiate....AND yes i know he wants a mark 1...i was just commenting on the GS in general... :winky: