Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

I am using a iTouch with my 250 via the Aux socket in the armrest box. It works fine but was looking for a more complete solution. I have done a search and I see that there are a few things available but the car is under warranty and I am not keen to hack at it just yet.

Am I correct in saying that Lexus has one of these the IS 250 with the MM package?

How much is it, approximately?

Does it give you some/all control via the touch screen?

Thanks

Greig

Hi

I am using a iTouch with my 250 via the Aux socket in the armrest box. It works fine but was looking for a more complete solution. I have done a search and I see that there are a few things available but the car is under warranty and I am not keen to hack at it just yet.

Am I correct in saying that Lexus has one of these the IS 250 with the MM package?

Thanks

Greig

What dont you want to hack yet? to do the job DIY?

Hi

Thanks

Greig

You did a search on what exactly? The search facility? Or just being plain lazy knowing someone else will do it for you?

Type in "ipod interface" in the search facility box and guess what? http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/search.ph...;sa=Search#1204

Simples???

You did a search on what exactly? The search facility? Or just being plain lazy knowing someone else will do it for you?

Type in "ipod interface" in the search facility box and guess what? http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/search.ph...;sa=Search#1204

Simples???

Thanks for the abuse, simple?

I am not lazy, not trying to get someone else to do it for me and I know where the search box is. I know how frustrating it gets with people looking for the same info all the time on a forum, but never felt the need to have a go and could not find the question.

I did the search and found the list you did and decided that I probably did not want to use a third party device which all seemed to require work that may invalidate warranties should i have issues with the MM system in the future. While I continued to look and price third party devices, in case that was my only solution, I thought that i should ask the question. I really did not see the harm in that. If the answer lies in a thread where i have missed the answer, for that i apologise for breaking your etiquette rules.

Cheers

Greig

I am not lazy, not trying to get someone else to do it for me and I know where the search box is. I know how frustrating it gets with people looking for the same info all the time on a forum, but never felt the need to have a go and could not find the question.

I did the search and found the list you did and decided that I probably did not want to use a third party device which all seemed to require work that may invalidate warranties should i have issues with the MM system in the future. While I continued to look and price third party devices, in case that was my only solution, I thought that i should ask the question. I really did not see the harm in that. If the answer lies in a thread where i have missed the answer, for that i apologise for breaking your etiquette rules.

Sorry you got in the firing line, but you can see how often this comes up. I think the most relevant thread to answer your questions is

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...rt=#entry484685

Sorry you got in the firing line, but you can see how often this comes up. I think the most relevant thread to answer your questions is

Hi. No worries at all, and thank you very much for the thread. :) I do not understand why or how I missed this. :tsktsk:

I will look into this at Lexus this week and see if i can get a decent price!

Greig

Hi. No worries at all, and thank you very much for the thread. :) I do not understand why or how I missed this. :tsktsk:

I will look into this at Lexus this week and see if i can get a decent price!

Greig

Hello i have it fitted in mine it is ok but you will have to redo your ipod as you need your albums created as new playlists

so it then looks at them as each CD rather than a load of songs

May i suggest what i did

keep the ipod touch for your dayto day use.

and get hold of a ipod 20gb or 30gb ipod video (ithink they were called) or vesion 5

then create all your playlists on that then just leave that in the glove box

pluged in to the lexus MM system

works great for me, then every few months i bring it in connect to pc and

add new content (making sure your itunes is set up to manually add music)

or it might wipe everything.

Regards

Matt

Hello i have it fitted in mine it is ok but you will have to redo your ipod as you need your albums created as new playlists

so it then looks at them as each CD rather than a load of songs

May i suggest what i did

keep the ipod touch for your dayto day use.

and get hold of a ipod 20gb or 30gb ipod video (ithink they were called) or vesion 5

then create all your playlists on that then just leave that in the glove box

pluged in to the lexus MM system

works great for me, then every few months i bring it in connect to pc and

add new content (making sure your itunes is set up to manually add music)

or it might wipe everything.

Regards

Matt

Hi

Thanks for that as i did not know. I will look at that when i decide what im doing as an option to leave it perm in the car.

Greig :D