Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Improved Air Flow For Induction Filter

Cous3

Here's something I've been waiting to finish for awhile now, and have finally got round to it today. Thanks to my friend StuP from another site who helped me out with the air outlet parts.....Cheers Stu!:thumbup1:

So first of all I wanted to fit a heatsheild around the induction, one to keep the heat away and two to keep the incoming air directly on the filter. Here's what I bought and how I secured it to the filter. You're supposed to use a jubilee clip around the heatsheild legs, but I wanted something more perminant so drilled them to except the induction filter bolts:

371373099.jpg

371373104.jpg

371373100.jpg

371373160.jpg

371373161.jpg

371373162.jpg

Then I bought this Air Intake.....It's a 3 part piece including it's own mesh, but I wanted to remove the mesh, spray it Satin Black, and then sandwich the TTE Grill mesh between the 2 main parts. This saved cutting any holes anywhere in the TTE mesh/bumper and I don't think it looks too obtrusive.

How it came in with a chrome finish:

371373165.jpg

Mesh removed and both main parts sprayed Satin Black:

371373163.jpg

Next came the outlet parts, these were from a soldering fume extractor, approx 3 inch diameter:

371373101.jpg

And to join the whole thing together a 500mm length of Neoprene Flexible Ducting and 2 jubilee clips;

371373397.jpg

With all the parts finally together all I needed to do was remove the headlight, cut a 3 inch hole into the inner wing just below where the induction filter would sit and install them. I think the pictures say more than I can, so I'll let you look at them and see how I did the install:

371373400.jpg

371373399.jpg

371373403.jpg

371373546.jpg

371373547.jpg

371373550.jpg

371373549.jpg

371373686.jpg

371373687.jpg

Just want to say that this was not my idea, years ago someone did a heatsheild for the induction filter and ducting. This is just my variation of it using the intake and other bits. I may at some point use black bolts in the Intake in the front grill, but I'm not too worried at the moment.

I've taken it out for a spin and I don't know if it's my imagination but it feels a tad sharper? Anyway, it's finished now and I'm pretty pleased with the job.

Keith

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links