Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Stereo

hi everyone!!

Well I've had my IS for almost 3 years now and my standard cd player has decided to pack in for the second time. So instead of getting it repaired again, I've decided to put a single din stereo but i'm struggling to choose what to get. I think i've narrowed the search down to 2 units, which are:-

Alpine cde-103bt (Linky

Kenwood kdc8041u Linky

I think the Kenwood is a 2008 model and the Alpine is a 2009 model.

The big advantage of the Alpine is that you can change the display colours to match the cars dash colours, which I think is a big plus.

Does any one have either of these two stereos?? which one is the better option, also if you have any other stereo suggestions which are similier spec, please let me know. Finally, will there be much differance in sound quality compared to the standard stereo fitted to the car??

Thanks

Shak

have u thought about double din units mate??

Yeh I did mate, I looked at the Pioneer FH-P80BT which was about £300, but had the same features as the kenwood and Alpine. I don't know if its worth paying an extra £100 for a double din. What do you recknon??

I've got the Alpine 101 which looks identical but only has amber lighting (matches the car's), I added the Alpine drawer underneath to hold the ipod but it only takes a nano. The sound is excellent though the stock speakers.

Thanks for that mate, I went to Halfords today and had a look at the Alpine, its a very nice head unit, I'm very tempted. Could you post a pic of the unit in your car please. Just want to know how it looks installed.

Thanks

Shak

well i'd certainly reccomend a double din unit like i have. its been faultless and works a charm!!!

my thread on it can be found here: http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...c=60681&hl=

Very nice mate, you've done a good job on that fascia adapter. I have already oredered my adapter, I hope its like the one you and Unforgiven have got, theres no telling untill I receive it

just looked a bit more and found the Zenec ZE-NC520, has all that i wanted in the kenwood, but is also 5.1ch, so i can get the centre speaker working on the GS

anyone have any views on , it, ive never heard of Zenec, cant seem to find anything bad about them

Hi there

Just wanna say thanks to every one for there help with the stereo issue. I decided to get the Alpine cde-103bt, I am over the moon with it, I've put in some Alpine 6 x 9's in the rear too. The sound quality is awesome, can't believe how much better it is.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

just looked a bit more and found the Zenec ZE-NC520, has all that i wanted in the kenwood, but is also 5.1ch, so i can get the centre speaker working on the GS

anyone have any views on , it, ive never heard of Zenec, cant seem to find anything bad about them

The zenec are good units. they wont have the SQ of the higher end units but they are good and not to be confused with the cheap rubbish of eBay.

IIRC they orginally dod OEM units and moved into aftermarket units..

This seems to be the best price on this unit.. zenec ze nc250

One thing to bear in mind is that the centre channel need sto be powered by an external amp but there is a very small one that bassjunkes that i can t see on there website.

Pm if you want one and i will give em a call..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links