Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have two bird poo etching marks on my bonnet, and since the car is black, they are highly visible. I have tried Bug and Tar removal products but they didn't make a difference. I have just ordered the Supagard Bird Lime Neutraliser and will try that on but I was wondering if anyone has any experience removing these marks? Thanks.

Haven't tried them, but I am worried they might be too abrasive and damage the paintwork even more... would you recommend them? Which one specifically, T-Cut, Scratch X ?

they wont be too abrasive mate. i've used scratch x on several cars with no problems at all in the past.

if the bird lime is mildly etched, then a good polish should also be able to sort it. but to be honest, i'd be tempted to give the bonnet a good going over with clay and then get a good sealant/glaze on there and maybe a layer of wax to finish it off.

may as well do the whole car whilst ur at it :whistling: :shutit: :lol: lol

will they clay out?? or t-cut/scratch x out??

I would use Autoglym Super Resin Polish. Was the are you want to clean dry it and then put about 10p coin size amount on a cotton cloth or bit of old towel and work you way onto the area and it will remove it. T-cut is to strong for that. Good luck.

I have two bird poo etching marks on my bonnet, and since the car is black, they are highly visible. I have tried Bug and Tar removal products but they didn't make a difference. I have just ordered the Supagard Bird Lime Neutraliser and will try that on but I was wondering if anyone has any experience removing these marks? Thanks.
polish is what you need,go with the least abrasive first,when you have removed the etching use a paint sealant for future protection.