N/A

HIGH COMPRESSION

1G GTE

DOHC

NO VVTI

Twin Turbo

Lower Compression

But

Both Cranks are same part numbers, Rods and Pistons can be changed over...

Thanks

correct and has been done in IS200sams car

Thank you guys

I just wanted this clearing up, as a guy whos selling uprated rods on eBay claims they are two completley diffrent engines. and parts are specially made for the 1g FE.

:)

id be weary of this guy then, if hes feeding you this kind of crap.....

are you sure your buying 1G-GTE stuff...!!!

I am not buying any thing :lol:

I plan to fix my car first :crybaby:

I sent him a question

Email 1

Me

Hello,

Can you give me a part number so i can confirm these are compatible with my engine

thanks

Him

Hi, exactly which part number do you mean? If you have as listed the Toyota/Lexus 1GFE engine then these fit your engine.

Regards

Email 2

Me

Hello,

The reason why I am wanting to know the manufacturing part numbers is becuase the IS200 comes with the 1GFE Engine. I know of no company or person who can make rods for this engine. Apart from custom orders from a company in finland.

I am also aware that the crank and rods and piston height on the 1G Engines is all the same..

So unless these rods were designed for the 1G GTE (twin turbo, supra engine from G2), and ur selling them to fit the 1G, it would be intresting to know

1- who has decided to make them

2- what brands the rods are actually.

3- what grade of material.

As you know several big manufacture of engine rods are here, Crower, Eagls, Ross (off the top of my head)

Would be nice to know who actually makes them... as some Rod companies are better then others in manufacturing porcedures.

Hope you understand... but I just want to get the facts open in the air. Hopefuly we can get a few sales

Him

Hi Ibby,

sorry you are incorrect. I have rods and pistons made for the 1GFE engine "specific" !! You are also incorrect as these are "specific" to 1GFE NOT the 1GGTE which is totally different.

1. I decided to make them due to demand.

2. Made only for me by top supplier in USA with my part numbers.

3. 4340 en24 based as per Crower,Carrillo etc (not Eagle).

4. Open air? who are you then? Whats to hide?

Yes I understand all too well.Please go look on LOC or OJC as there are plenty of these sets sold now with engines built and threads are easy to find. We are building a 550+ motor motor which these parts are fitted to. Items are in stock along with lots more 1GFE engine tuning parts. You can email me if you need more info XXXXXXXXXX or XXXXXXXXXX work hours

Regards

3rd Email

Me

Hello

I am a member on the lexus forums and toyota forums and toyoforums.

Let me correct you a couple of times.

1G GTE Bottom End has been used several times

(pistons rods crank) in a 1GFE without any problems, both here in the UK and in the states.

Hence my orginal question, enquring if these rods were designed for the 1G GTE but would also work in the 1G FE engine.

The actual part numbers for the crank on the 1GFE and 1G GTE are the same.

The only diffrence between both of the engines is, the pistons and rod's. (apart from one being dohc and turbo etc)

The 1G GTE have lower compression pistons, and thicker forged rods.

the 1G FE has a higher compression and thinner rods.

and you could probably attain more than 550 hp.

Thanks for hearing me out. I was purley intrested on where the rods have come from and what kind of quality.

Him

Hi,

yes, I know all about the 1GGTE. We will have to agree to disagree.

The end...

I am not out to flame him, but since he mentioned LOC ... I thought it could be a member, but I didnt like the way he replied to my emails!

tthe rods and pistons are not just made in Finland, who told you that.

the rods TDI had made were manufactured in the UK, by...one of the big manufacturers, the pistons were made by Cosworth

im not following what the route of your text is with him....?

was his name ike

to be honest reading it, i dont see what he is doing wrong in your eyes.

he is selling uprated stuff for the 1g-fe...thats all

Thats SPC horsham or Wayne more particulary i think, that you've been emailing.

their building Daves car and are experimenting with Aztecs old car.

the rods and pistons hes selling i believe are slightly oversized, so will need work to fit anyway.

As for engines built i know of one (Daves) though i stand to be corrected.

i'm not quite sure what your arguing with him about?

the rods and pistons hes selling are custom made but he designed them for the fe block so they are different to the gte ones.

tthe rods and pistons are not just made in Finland, who told you that.

the rods TDI had made were manufactured in the UK, by...one of the big manufacturers, the pistons were made by Cosworth

im not following what the route of your text is with him....?

was his name ike

to be honest reading it, i dont see what he is doing wrong in your eyes.

he is selling uprated stuff for the 1g-fe...thats all

Iam not talking about TDI, I was just saying Their is a member here, who made big power from finland whos archives I read over.

Could be on the IS forum, but he was using a customer rod and piston design and Paid 1100 EURO for Pistons and a further 1100 EURO for the rods.

Hence why I asked him!

Nothings wrong!

I just was chatting to him,

I would normally assume that uprated rods and pistons would normally fit the crank, unless ....

they are oversized slightly.

Iam not talking about TDI, I was just saying Their is a member here, who made big power from finland whos archives I read over.

Could be on the IS forum, but he was using a customer rod and piston design and Paid 1100 EURO for Pistons and a further 1100 EURO for the rods.

Hence why I asked him!

Nothings wrong!

I just was chatting to him,

I would normally assume that uprated rods and pistons would normally fit the crank, unless ....

they are oversized slightly.

Which it says in the eBay advert they are. so thats wrong

Thats SPC horsham or Wayne more particulary i think, that you've been emailing.

their building Daves car and are experimenting with Aztecs old car.

the rods and pistons hes selling i believe are slightly oversized, so will need work to fit anyway.

As for engines built i know of one (Daves) though i stand to be corrected.

i'm not quite sure what your arguing with him about?

the rods and pistons hes selling are custom made but he designed them for the fe block so they are different to the gte ones.

Its SPC Horsham, and his name is IKE.

And I am not arguging! I just wanted to know where he got them from!

this is not Wayne, this is Ike, who does engineering work for SPC, ive just looked at the advert, it says on the RH side IK Engineering

I knew it was something to do with SPC.

It was Wayne that showed me them at Japshow and explained the differences

The reason why I am wanting to know the manufacturing part numbers is becuase the IS200 comes with the 1GFE Engine. I know of no company or person who can make rods for this engine. Apart from custom orders from a company in finland.

oh...ok just that you said here you knew of no other.....

ok maybe not arguing...but quite questionable, ....it does read like your questioning his ability to know what hes talking about.

no probs, as i said i couldn't figure out what was the crux of the discussion

Its SPC Horsham, and his name is IKE.

And I am not arguging! I just wanted to know where he got them from!

then why were you asking about GTE part numbers etc?

if you wanted to know that why not just ask in the first email?

"Hello, i'm interested in these, but would like to know where you got them made as some companies are better than others. Regards ........."

Well....

It was late night yesterday when I emailed the guy :lol: And even tho I am a powerseller,I didnt read his entire advert.

But now re-reading the advert, I am clearly in the wrong

I was just comparing stock for stock and completly left out the ovbious that these items were oversized.

I was just excited that I managed to find someone who sold rods and Pistons for the engine :lol:

Shame on me :shutit:

I was actually wanting the part number for the GTE engine to compare the piston and rod sizes to a honda engine.

As a person i knew built an engine with the 1G-GTE Rods, and Pistons, but it was a honda engine.. the Honds engine rods are more widley avalible but

they make a lower compression then the 1G-GTE piston/rod combination

Hence why i wanted to know the part number

I was just excited that I managed to find someone who sold rods and Pistons for the engine :lol:

TDI sell them as complete sets, not sure if prolex do

also Cosworth will get you the pistons, and Arrow will supply the rods, but you will need to order a few sets as they wont sell single orders

I was actually wanting the part number for the GTE engine to compare the piston and rod sizes to a honda engine.

As a person i knew built an engine with the 1G-GTE Rods, and Pistons, but it was a honda engine.. the Honds engine rods are more widley avalible but

they make a lower compression then the 1G-GTE piston/rod combination

Hence why i wanted to know the part number

That was the main reason why,

where the custom rods and pistons would cost us

We could get a set of Eagles and a piston combo for 700£

Hello,

Can some one correct me if I am wrong

1G-FE

SOHC

VVTI

N/A

HIGH COMPRESSION

1G GTE

DOHC

NO VVTI

Twin Turbo

Lower Compression

But

Both Cranks are same part numbers, Rods and Pistons can be changed over...

Thanks

I thought 1G-FE was DOHC?

1G-FE isnt single sohc surely? It must be DOHC. Toyota havent made a SOHC engine in donkeys.

I know the rods on a 1g-fe are 100% different to a 1g-gte. I've seen them side by side, 1g-fe rods are way thinner. Im 99% sure that the pistons are different too.

The pistons and rods are 100% interchangable but i'd eat my hat if the pistons were the same.

I helped Karma Supra from TOC rebuild his 300bhp 1G-GTE.

IKE/SPC made the rods so they would only fit their pistons to maximise potential profit margins which is sensible IMHO

the 1G-GTE engine has much stronger ords than the IG-FE (you can buy from Toyota GB) but the pistons are not that good and will probably melt at anything over 1 bar