Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1g Fe Rods And Pistons 1g Gte Piston And Rods Someone Correct Me If I

ibby

but the pistons are not that good and will probably melt at anything over 1 bar

Not true,

theres plenty in oz/nz running more than a bar quite happily on stock internals.

Lets see how long you go at more than 1 bar then :whistling:

Twas Toyota thereselves who told me.............same for 3S-GTE

Don't forget.............you can go to 1.2 bar on standard internals............but never drive the car using the 1.2 bar........then you will be able to say "I run 1.2 bar on standard 1G-GTE internals" but you will not say I drive it like an old woman never at full throttle an only to shows/supermarket :winky:

Some poor sucker will read what he says & turn the boost up.......................drive it hard & hey ho melted piston etc .........original poster is fine he doesnt have the bill to pay ................

I think what Toyota say (also TRD/Fensport/TOM's et al) has some weight. Not some keyboard jockey

Hopefully you will be able to prove them all wrong when you go big single and manage a full on track day and 1 bar plus

Not true,

theres plenty in oz/nz running more than a bar quite happily on stock internals.

Don't forget.............you can go to 1.2 bar on standard internals............but never drive the car using the 1.2 bar........then you will be able to say "I run 1.2 bar on standard 1G-GTE internals" but you will not say I drive it like an old woman never at full throttle an only to shows/supermarket :winky:

Some poor sucker will read what he says & turn the boost up.......................drive it hard & hey ho melted piston etc .........original poster is fine he doesnt have the bill to pay ................

I think what Toyota say (also TRD/Fensport/TOM's et al) has some weight. Not some keyboard jockey

Hopefully you will be able to prove them all wrong when you go big single and manage a full on track day and 1 bar plus

Keyboard jockey lol lets not get into that.

i'm prob only running a bar with the big single so i wont be proving no-one wrong.

Not true,

i'm prob only running a bar with the big single so i wont be proving no-one wrong.

What do you mean Marc ? You calling me a keyboard jockey ?

Regarding your set up ....you are happy to suggest over 1 bar is fine...................but don't mention,until my post, that you will not be testing the theory ? IMHO thats whats wrong with a lot of forums.............ibby could have read what you said...............seen what you have done to your car................your number of posts.......thought mmmmmmmmmmm he knows what he is talking about & gone for it. When in fact you don't know what you are talking about are not going to do it and are not liable for any costs he MAY incur when his car goes pop.

All the 300 + BHP 1G-GTE's in Japan have diff pistons,HKS head gaskets, bigger injectors etc

I don't profess to be a engineer/mechanic etc However before I make a comment I try to make sure I have spoken to someone who does know what he/she is talking about before starting my tapping :winky:

What do you mean Marc ? You calling me a keyboard jockey ?

Regarding your set up ....you are happy to suggest over 1 bar is fine...................but don't mention,until my post, that you will not be testing the theory ? IMHO thats whats wrong with a lot of forums.............ibby could have read what you said...............seen what you have done to your car................your number of posts.......thought mmmmmmmmmmm he knows what he is talking about & gone for it. When in fact you don't know what you are talking about are not going to do it and are not liable for any costs he MAY incur when his car goes pop.

All the 300 + BHP 1G-GTE's in Japan have diff pistons,HKS head gaskets, bigger injectors etc

I don't profess to be a engineer/mechanic etc However before I make a comment I try to make sure I have spoken to someone who does know what he/she is talking about before starting my tapping :winky:

Wind it back in Dave.

I never mentioned you at all, there millions of Keyboard jockeys on the internet esp in the automotive forums.

as for my comment, i said:

Not true,

can you please mention where that says im testing the theory?

Have you tested the theory yourself personally? No. so by your accusations you have no right to comment either.

your info is second/third hand exactly like mine is.

i got some of my info from here:

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.p...ight=1ggte+head

you'll see post 4. over 300bhp 21psi (1.5ish bar) STOCK internals. and post 15?

i'm not gonna start arguin the toss again with you.

I've shown you where i've got my facts from and theres also other sites ive seen during my research into my conversion.

i hope your not trying to accuse me of being a keyboard warrior either with your final comment.

Ibby could listen to me, wind the boost up and it could blow. thats the chances you take with modifying.

he could also listen to you spend hundreds of pounds more than he needs (prob thousands) and not need them as his standard engine could of coped.

Some people hate Vvti. I know i dont like it when pulling out of junctions, but my Auto dont help either!!

Mind you, i do think it sound quite good when you get it to 5000 revs +

what does VVti have to do with pulling out of junctions, and at 5000rpm what does it do...?

vvti is in constant variable use, you will not feel any difference or sound during operation

Not true,

not only Oz/Nz, but in Japan aswell in the old cressidas and crowns

im not really understanding why you come to the point you do here dave, its not pressure that melts a piston, A hole in the piston is because of the piston melting from extremely high combustion chamber temperatures.

How does this happen? Running really lean and knocking like crazy.....not pressure

im not really understanding why you come to the point you do here dave, its not pressure that melts a piston, A hole in the piston is because of the piston melting from extremely high combustion chamber temperatures.

How does this happen? Running really lean and knocking like crazy.....not pressure

:tomato::tomato::whistling:

So how come the is200 seams to have more power towards the top end of the rev range - i thought this was related to VVTI?

And i was simply saying that the engine, i think, sounds best when its being driven hard?

it produces peak power at higher rpm

right. So in a way i was correct about pulling out of juntions, as the is little power being produced lower down the revs

Its better, if you slowly put the power down...

rather then trying to setup @ 5k of revs

IKE/SPC made the rods so they would only fit their pistons to maximise potential profit margins which is sensible IMHO

the 1G-GTE engine has much stronger ords than the IG-FE (you can buy from Toyota GB) but the pistons are not that good and will probably melt at anything over 1 bar

What are ords ? and do you know what sort of pistons they are in the 1G-GTE engine ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links