Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 6 Speed (j160) To Is300 (2jz-ge) Been Done?

Leeky

Hi guys, Leeky here from over on TOC :) Hope your all good.

I have a quick question and im sure you are the chaps to ask :)

I've got an Aerotop Supra that im converting to manual. I would like to use the IS200's J160 6 Speed gearbox.

Has anyone managed to get one to mate with a 2JZ before?

Searching the forum and the rest of the net threw up nothing.

Surely someone out there must have converted their IS300 to manual at some point and decided to use the J160?

Also can anyone tell me how strong the box is?

Im keeping my supra nasp and we're looking at an absolute maximum of 300bhp. Surely this gearbox will handle that?

Its the same 6 speed used in the RS200 Altezza isnt it? and thats 220bhp so we're only talking an additional 80...surely there is enough additional strength in there for that?

I am planning on getting a custom bellhousing made up to do the job but i thought i better ask here first in case someone else has come up with a better solution already.

Cheers chaps :)

Lee

J160 Gearbox is the box fitted to the supra TT, the gearbox fitted to the is200 is not the j160. The J160 retailer second hand for about £2500 if your lucky to find one. the best option for you for your power needs would be a R154 gearbox.

No sorry you are mistake im afraid. The V160 is the 6 speed getrag box from the supra twin turbo. The J160 is the is200 6 speed box. The R154 is no good for this application, the ratios are all wrong and its too much like a tractor box for what i need. I want a smooth lightweight box suitable for high rpm. But thanks anyway for your input :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links