Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

To Supercharge Or Not?

if i was to supercharge my is200sport would it seriously reduce my already short 1st gear range

No it will be the same, only you get there faster, you main problem is finding a supercharger :o

is the charger a stock item or will it have to come of something different.i do have a few quid coming my way soon so i have been thinking on the lines of the supra twin turbo i believe it will be around the 4 grand Mark fitted, just need to find some where with more info on the subject

which one would be the more sensible choice???

if i was to supercharge my is200sport would it seriously reduce my already short 1st gear range

No it will be the same, only you get there faster, you main problem is finding a supercharger :o

is the charger a stock item or will it have to come of something different.i do have a few quid coming my way soon so i have been thinking on the lines of the supra twin turbo i believe it will be around the 4 grand Mark fitted, just need to find some where with more info on the subject

No new tte superchargers left mate, 2nd hand is your best bet, about 2k, for the supra twin turbo fitted, i should think lots more than the 4 grand mate, where did you here that ?

You'll have to join the long queue to get a second hand charger mate.

you could try a turbo kit or engine conversion.

but 4k for the 3l tt conversion? my 2l tt conversion was 5k and that was cheap.

i was under the impression that you can only put a charger on the 200 and not a turbo ??? am i wrong on that one then

i was under the impression that you can only put a charger on the 200 and not a turbo ??? am i wrong on that one then

Anything is possible just depends on how much time/money you have? Best to set yourself a goal of the power you want to achieve then budget for it. I fancied a supercharger but been looking into ripping a 1JZ out of a soarer for a while now and if you can do the work yourself it's not much more expensive parts wise. All depends on what you want I guess

basically i have become a bit complacent with the car now, to others that drive my car on the odd occasion it feels great to them (WOW!! THAT WAS FUN), but for me it just seams to lack a little something?, i think what i really want is a bit more torque through the low gears,on the (M) way it pics up at a great pace in the 70-000 mph range where i think the is200 is best suited as a stock of the shelf car, as for me i don't do a great lot of (M) way driving, my time is more spent on the roads around the lake district so its a lot of short sprint type driving that i do hence the reason for a greater attention to the lower gear,s (CHARGER OR TURBO)

Iam wanting to do add a turbo or a super chager to mine as well for my is200. From what i understand the super charger is the easier mod to fit but as already been said they are rare and there's alot of people wanting 1. So id have a look at adding a turbo, iv started researching into it and looking at the costs what can get pretty high. So iam in 2 minds if to do it or get a car with the extra fun factor what iam after, but if i was to that i would loss the comfort of the lexus etc. But iam lacking the funds at the mo as the other half had her hour reduced so until they go back to the norm or she finds a new job its been been put to the back shelf for now. :sad:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links