Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Few Questions About My 2001 Ls430

The problem with the parking sensors has been discussed on the german LOC.

Apparently it's caused by some corrosion on the surface of the sensors (as they're made of aluminium instead of plastic, they may corrode if they get a small knock or a stone chip).

You can repair it by gently scraping off the paint on the central part of the sensors, cleaning it with pre-paint and then re-painting it with a touch-up brush. Just make sure you don't paint over the rubber (?) ring on the outside of the sensor. That should make them work again an will only cost you a few minutes and a little bit of paint.

I hope this is of help. :)

Cheers

JS

Hmmm, I do hope this does help. It's the middle two on the rear that don't work. Any suggestions on the best way to 'scrape' off the paint and what to use so as not to damage them further?

wow, the LS430 looks miles ahead of my 93 LS400 with all this vcr & Bluetooth stuff, but why cant most people leave the existing phone in (even if it looks a bit dated) and just get another line on your existing contract and just keep the mobile in the door well. You dont usually have to open the arm and hear folk laugh at the brick thats in there...

The built in handsets can store numbers and have quick dial.

But I am surprised there are no controls on the wheel like my old car has :whistling: , but with all this modern (unpredictable, ever changing) technology then i suppose no manufacturer has got a clue what to make as a standard to suit all phones.

Theres another patent in there somewhere..........

The problem with the parking sensors has been discussed on the german LOC.

Apparently it's caused by some corrosion on the surface of the sensors (as they're made of aluminium instead of plastic, they may corrode if they get a small knock or a stone chip).

You can repair it by gently scraping off the paint on the central part of the sensors, cleaning it with pre-paint and then re-painting it with a touch-up brush. Just make sure you don't paint over the rubber (?) ring on the outside of the sensor. That should make them work again an will only cost you a few minutes and a little bit of paint.

I hope this is of help. :)

Cheers

JS

Hmmm, I do hope this does help. It's the middle two on the rear that don't work. Any suggestions on the best way to 'scrape' off the paint and what to use so as not to damage them further?

Sorry for responding so late.

Apparently you can scrape the paint off with a screwdriver. Since the sensors have an aluminium surface, they can handle some abuse. You will need to scrape off the corrosion on the aluminium anyway, so a screwdriver seems to be the right tool for the job.

Just make sure you only scrape the paint off within the rubber ring. When you repaint the sensor, make sure no paint goes onto the ring or you can throw the sensor away.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links