Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I shouldn't tempt fate but as I will be away when the MOT is due in September I decided to have it done early.

Just goes to show that with the Lexus build quality and regular DIY servicing an MOT need'nt be a problem.

This is the 5th MOT the car has had since being imported into the UK and once again it passed with no work being required.

The 1st test I had on the car after buying it had 2 advisories 1st was the front discs showing slight corrosion and the 2nd was the front brake flexi hoses. Strange thing is the next year I took it to another more local garage (where it now goes every year) with no remedial work being done apart from cleaning the flexi hoses and a brake pad change and it suddenly lost the advisories and has not had any since then

£35.00 well spent and I have nearly 13 months ticket! :D

So Lexus So Happy.

Just a point that was interesting when I took the car in I asked the MOT guy what the outcome would be if the car had failed it's MOT given that it still has a current certificate.

He said VOSA would not give a specific answer to this question ( he has a refresher course coming up and said he will try again) but the defects would be noted on the fail certificate.

So is it MOTd or not in these circumstances?

Nice one Steve.

You probably couldn't be prosecuted for having no MOT certificate, but if anything happened it could easily be proved you were driving a defective vehicle. When you think about it, the MOT only proves the cars roadworthiness on the day of the test itself.

it will be mot'd and a record will be kept as mot's nowadays are computer activated in the sense of they press go and a series of tests will appear on screen and is noted in the pc as each test is completed.

It takes a minimum of 45mins for the mot test to be properly carried out according to this vosa computer and once complete the results are whisked away on the telecommunication network and land straight in vosa's databases

We are under the control of a communism like state with a nation of leaders obsessed with being a nosey, record keeping, camera watching, gone too far with pc nonsense its insane, we are now green or its really just another tax and if u dont pay we will hunt u down type of thing or if u make a fuss we'll just call it something else........are you getting the picture yet?

You can be guaranteed that vosa will get the info if it fails, and legally your car can be barred from the road as it has failed the roadworthiness test.

I'd wait til you get back ;) and enjoy your trip

It helps to get these idiots with no insurance off the roads. No MOT = no insurance. Good riddance to sociopathic drivers.

We have white van races down our road every day avoiding the humps by driving on the pavements. I guess they are doing up to 55 in a 30 area.

The council removed the all over humps and put pads in. All cars have to slow for the pads but the vans and trucks can rip past them due to wider wheel bas! Bloody expensive and just did not fix the problem.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links