Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300 Timing Belt

Just obtained price for major service for my IS300 from £exus Woodford £595 (ouch!) and they also informed me that I need to change the Timing Belt. Apparently its 6 years or 60,000 miles whichever comes first. However, according to Lexus Southend its 10 years or 100,000 for the IS300.

Why are different dealerships giving out conflicting information. I'm now very confused and WARY of main dealers. What do you guys think. I know my car is 7 years old but its only covered 55,000 miles so I'm not sure whether or not to have the belt changed. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

ian

On the IS200 Lexus recommend changing the timing belt at 60k/6 years (whichever comes first), but I think on the IS300 the recommendation is to change the timing belt at 100k/10 years.

A IS300 owner should be able to confirm this.

On the IS200 Lexus recommend changing the timing belt at 60k/6 years (whichever comes first), but I think on the IS300 the recommendation is to change the timing belt at 100k/10 years.

A IS300 owner should be able to confirm this.

Pretty much the same advice that Lexus Southend have given to me, thanks kam05

I was told its 100,000 miles/10 years as well

The book does say 10 years or 100k, but this was revised due the fact that belts were waering very thin by that time, to the point that it was rather risky. Hence why I think that a lot of dealerships now should be quoting 6 years or 60k. I had mine done at 7 years and 55k. And yes the service was pricey at £550.