Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pulsing Brake Light Bulbs Fitted In Fog/brake/light Mod

ormi

well as most of you know i bought a set of pulsing brake light bulbs of micromarc(cheers mate) fitted them and loved them then i noticed a how too on changing the fogs to brake lights done that then smarty pants stav said youll want the full brake/light/fog conversion next so next day went and got the bulb holders i needed and fitted and thought wow thats enough looks smart but i got the wife to do the slam on with the brakes while i watched(to make the brake lights pulse) their was something missing it looked weired with only two of the 4 lights(not inc high level)flashing.

so after lots of hunting and looking and waiting i managed to get an other set of the pulsing bulbs well heres the warning bit

the way the bulb holders are mounted in the fog/brake/light units(approx 45 deg)the wee thing in the bulb that makes contact and makes the bulbs flash under hard braking must be in constant contact so whenever you push the brake and for how ever long you hold the brake the lights will pulse it looks well smart.

i'm not 100% sure I understand what u mean about the pulse bulbs in the fogs, I understand the different angle and the contact, but are you saying that the result is that they flash even under light braking due to the permanent contact of the "thingy"?

i'm not 100% sure I understand what u mean about the pulse bulbs in the fogs, I understand the different angle and the contact, but are you saying that the result is that they flash even under light braking due to the permanent contact of the "thingy"?

i've turned my fogs in to side lights and brake lights mate. correct mate they flash every time i press the brake.

sorry you will need to tilt your head(you'll see what i mean when you watch the wifes fault)

1st video

pulsing brakelights and fog to brake mod with pulsing lights

the link

2nd vid

pulsing brake lights with light/ fog to brake conversion on the move

the link

Very nice, i quite like that :D

wouldnt the majority of cops pull u for this and accuse u of having defective lights?

dont know mate only time will tell :P but i dont think i'll have many problems about here(the wifes work helps me out their also i fix their personal cars too)the wife is a traffic cop!!heehee.

Thats never gonna pass an MOT test, thats for sure. But they do look smart

why wont it?the outer brake lights stay solid as does my high level brake light.look at my sig matey tells you what i do for a living.

why wont it?the outer brake lights stay solid as does my high level brake light.look at my sig matey tells you what i do for a living.

I'm also an MOT tester, have been for 8 years. The mot hand book states that there must be a solid and steady red light when the brakes are applied, your's clearly flash when you apply the brakes, matey

P's That means all brake lights, not just outer and centre

I'm also an MOT tester, have been for 8 years. The mot hand book states that there must be a solid and steady red light when the brakes are applied, your's clealy flash when you apply the brakes, matey

P's That means all brake lights, not just outer and centre

miss understood matey(having two conversations at the mo one about the outer flashing lights which only flash under hard braking) they wont be connected for mot :winky: also their is an amendment contact vosa(mine dont fall into this though)flashing for up to ten seconds then going solid is still classed as a pass stav has that type of module fitted and has done for over a year(mine flash all the time)

their is also a few new cars coming out with this function soon as you press the brake they flash 10 times then go solid(already being used in germany)

Alright mate, I thought your's were flashing as soon as you applied your brakes, didn't realise it was only on hard braking.

I'll have to go through the VOSA amendment printouts on Monday, as I don't remember the changes for the brake lights being made. :unsure:

mmmmmm!!!not my cup of tea!! but that's OK! Co's there would be no point in modding if we all had the same thing done, each to there own, one question i have though is, do your fogs still work as in the standard brake to fog conversion.

GOOD ON YOU!!

yip mate the fogs still work just like the fog/brake conversion.very easy to do all you need is the bulb holders for the normal rear lights and thats you sorted.

worst case if the law pull you over just change the bulbs back.

just back from the gym and had 2police bikes behind me and nothing didnt even bother me.

the law is an ars!! AT TIMES, i would just take the risk on some thing as trivial as this and what will be will be if i get stop just change back give a week and change back again, 9 out of ten bobbies don't know what they are locking at any way (well not around here they don't) AND IVE HAD LOTS OF DEALINGS WITH THEM!!!.

you will often find the locale pold in the car accessories shop reading the labels of modding parts