Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

HI all,. need soom advice please, i am looking around for new tyres so the question is what is the best tyres for my gs300 for road holding and speed.

All advice welcome ,

many thanks Don

HI all,. need soom advice please, i am looking around for new tyres so the question is what is the best tyres for my gs300 for road holding and speed.

All advice welcome ,

many thanks Don

I have Pirelli P-Zero's on mine (all around) great tyres, perform excellently in all conditions, low noise.

All advice welcome ,

many thanks Don

I have Pirelli P-Zero's on mine (all around) great tyres, perform excellently in all conditions, low noise.

Thanks i was thinking about pirelli and your advice was welcome.

many thanks

Don

Toyos T1R

sorry i never seen these

Toyo tires are very well known sport tires. They are made in Japan and they have soft rubber and excellent performance.

http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/proxes-t1r

ok thanks for that looks good will check out prices this week.

thanks

don

• 2 weeks later...
Toyos T1R

sorry i never seen these

Toyo tires are very well known sport tires. They are made in Japan and they have soft rubber and excellent performance.

thanks

don

i am still trying to price the 3 options i want toyo tir are coming out at 100 fitted,the others i am having problems

Toyos T1R

sorry i never seen these

thanks

don

i am still trying to price the 3 options i want toyo tir are coming out at 100 fitted,the others i am having problems

well i have decided to go for the toyo T1R and have them fitted tommorrw afternoon,thanks for all your advices many thanks to all.

don

Toyo's are very soft in my opinion! they will wear out rather quickly on a car as heavy as the GS. But you should enjoy the grip. Ive become somewhat of a fan of Falken and have been very happy with the performance AND life of their FK and ZE series. Especially at the price. +1 for Falken. They have excellent customer service too, one of the head PR dudes even sent me out a box with a load of stickers etc to use at a friends buisness and to plaster everywhere ;)

Toyo's are very soft in my opinion! they will wear out rather quickly on a car as heavy as the GS. But you should enjoy the grip. Ive become somewhat of a fan of Falken and have been very happy with the performance AND life of their FK and ZE series. Especially at the price. +1 for Falken. They have excellent customer service too, one of the head PR dudes even sent me out a box with a load of stickers etc to use at a friends buisness and to plaster everywhere ;)

I will let you know after a few weeks of running after fitting, just over a week I am doing a run to bude 500 mile round trip.

pirelli 6000 was my first choise but was advised not to, (and the p7 are new to market ?)2nd was FK452 but these are all x stock now, and toyo tir was my 3rd, i have never used toyo before but they have a very good write up on checking them out,as i say i will let you all know how they perform.

don

Toyos T1R

sorry i never seen these

thanks

don

many thanks have had toyo tir fitted today and are very pleased at moment, i have up graded from 94v to 99w but will know more when i do a 500 mile round trip next weekend but at moment as i say are very pleased.

don

Toyos T1R

sorry i never seen these

thanks

don

many thanks have had toyo tir fitted today and are very pleased at moment, i have up graded from 94v to 99w but will know more when i do a 500 mile round trip next weekend but at moment as i say are very pleased.

don

well had tyres fitted 4 days did a m54 m6 m5 run to birmingham on sunday and tyres are brill,no vibration, no road sound and grip very well took it to over 100 not a wobble and so quite cant wait till weekend long run to bude

don

Can I ask - why did you get the 99 ones? They have a much stiffer sidewall to enable them to carry a heavier load, which will decrease the ride quality. Unless you routinely load the car to it's maximum weight and then drive at 3 figure speeds (and some people do!) I can't see why you might have wanted this higher rating?

don

Can I ask - why did you get the 99 ones? They have a much stiffer sidewall to enable them to carry a heavier load, which will decrease the ride quality. Unless you routinely load the car to it's maximum weight and then drive at 3 figure speeds (and some people do!) I can't see why you might have wanted this higher rating?

yes no problem,and thanks for asking i didnt want a to softer sidewall because i live in telford which is called island city, the manuel states 94v but last tyres was 95v and the ones i just had fitted as stated are 99 v and they are 100% better for performace and noise and more smother run, as for speed speed i think i am average driver an a and b roads on motorways about 85/90 unless it clear and then i open it up.

don

• 2 weeks later...

don

yes no problem,and thanks for asking i didnt want a to softer sidewall because i live in telford which is called island city, the manuel states 94v but last tyres was 95v and the ones i just had fitted as stated are 99 v and they are 100% better for performace and noise and more smother run, as for speed speed i think i am average driver an a and b roads on motorways about 85/90 unless it clear and then i open it up.

don

Hi All,

I said I would let you all know what I think of the Toyo T1R was like after my tip to bude, well I did a 760 mile round trip on M ways A roads and B roads and the tyres hold the roads very very well, grip the road very very well on bends I cant find a fault with them, in all the years I have been driving they are the best tyres I have ever driven on.

I can tell you that I got 35 mpg and that was with 250 miles run back home with air con on all the way back home.

Don

I will let you know after a few weeks of running after fitting, just over a week I am doing a run to bude 500 mile round trip.

pirelli 6000 was my first choise but was advised not to, (and the p7 are new to market ?)2nd was FK452 but these are all x stock now, and toyo tir was my 3rd, i have never used toyo before but they have a very good write up on checking them out,as i say i will let you all know how they perform.

don

Mine was originally equipped with P6000. They lasted for over 65,000 miles. I replaced the Pirellis with Turanza ER300. Very pleased with the Bridgestone, which are less noisy and handle very well in both dry and wet.

don

Mine was originally equipped with P6000. They lasted for over 65,000 miles. I replaced the Pirellis with Turanza ER300. Very pleased with the Bridgestone, which are less noisy and handle very well in both dry and wet.

these toyos are very quite they grip the road and bends great and my car is so much quiter i cant fault them in anyway, 400 well spent glad i was told about them on here

• 3 weeks later...

don

these toyos are very quite they grip the road and bends great and my car is so much quiter i cant fault them in anyway, 400 well spent glad i was told about them on here

Well I have have these tyres on for a few weeks now, and they are quite no road noise very good in wet grip very well and I am getting more mpg and the car seems to glide a very very good all round tyre glad I was told about them on here many thanks

• 2 months later...

don

Well I have have these tyres on for a few weeks now, and they are quite no road noise very good in wet grip very well and I am getting more mpg and the car seems to glide a very very good all round tyre glad I was told about them on here many thanks

just a quick one on follow up on tyres in snow, not to bad still have to use traction and snow mode, just need to keep speed down in snow and they are fine i think the only way you will get a good grip in snow is to use winter tyres but who keeps a spare set of wheel for winter, but on the whole these new tyres are very good and are pleased with them.

All advice welcome ,

many thanks Don

I bought a couple of Pirelli P7 235/45 R17 W last December. Good write up on a few sites, and not some Chinese ditch finders that Which? are warning folk off.

Anyway, paid about £103 per corner via those nice folk at Blackcircles.com. Good price and excellent service. You do the deal through them and arrange local fitting.

What I really noticed driving back was how bloody quite they are. Very little road noise compared to the ones I had on before.

I can't believe I'm posting a recommendation about tyres. I really do have too much time on my hands nowadays!

Oh, and if anyone wants to use blackcircles, if they send me their email address and I recommend them, I think I get points/stamps/bananas for doing so, and you get a discount.

All advice welcome ,

many thanks Don

I bought a couple of Pirelli P7 235/45 R17 W last December. Good write up on a few sites, and not some Chinese ditch finders that Which? are warning folk off.

Anyway, paid about £103 per corner via those nice folk at Blackcircles.com. Good price and excellent service. You do the deal through them and arrange local fitting.

What I really noticed driving back was how bloody quite they are. Very little road noise compared to the ones I had on before.

I can't believe I'm posting a recommendation about tyres. I really do have too much time on my hands nowadays!

Oh, and if anyone wants to use blackcircles, if they send me their email address and I recommend them, I think I get points/stamps/bananas for doing so, and you get a discount.

I managed to get Falken 452 for rear of my GS 430 last month. Only place I could find who had them ( 245/40/18 ) was Event tyres. Fitter came to house at specified time. Excellent service. Cost fully fitted,valve,balance etc. was £255.70 for the pair. Previously had them on my 300 Sport and they are a really good tyre.