Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got A Speeding Ticket!

Hey guys, well I was just going about my daily commute on the twelth through weymouth and I got a speeding ticket apparently. Such was the heddy speed I reached that I had to sit down when reading the letter! 37MPH!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what is worse getting caught for speeding or getting caught doing such a rediculously low speed!! I feel a disgrace to the forum! Whilst I don't condone speeding as such and I don't travel over the limit usually, except for perhaps on the occasion where I'm on a well sighted road, I can't help but think if I were 1 or 2mph slower I probably wouldn't have got the ticket. What a swine I could maybe get 3 points and sixty quid fine for the sake of two miles an hour. However when I received the dredded letter there was also mention of a drivers awareness course which may be offered instead of the £60 fine and 3 points. So I have sent a note saying I would prefer that, naturally it's down to them but I'd be quite interested to see what they do. If I get on the course I shall let you know what it's all about.

Anyway I wanted to share this with you guys and I was wondering what other tickets people may have gotten for speeding and other such offence.

:crybaby:

Been there!.......I was racing along at 38mph, went on the course,it was OK.

A lot of stress placed on being more aware and observant, actually seeing more as you drive.

Must have been about 20 people there, all ages except no boy racer speeders.

Mostly just folk trying to earn their living or going to pick up the kids up from school etc

One guy was doing 32 mph!,.... I don't condone speeding but think a little common

sense might be applied.

They caught me on a road with no houses on it, only seen two pedestrans on it in 12 months .

So keep a tighter grip of your speed or they'll have you, nice little earner at 60 a quid go.

Well cant really moan mate, you were speeding!

At least you got the option of going on an awareness course, which is something the majority of people dont get offered, they just get their 3 points!

But i do get your point, 37mph aint exactly 55mph

Iain

i still think its a money making scheme... 37mph isnt going to cause a fatality considering you can break fast enough to not hurt anyone also pedestrians also have to be aware of traffic too. grrr i hate this government... are they still considering going to increases petrol by 2p in september?

I have also been on the course u can book it online & choose where 2 go & do it & is only a couple of hours not a full day like it stated in my letter it`s the best option 2 keep your licence clean.

As I drive mostly around town these days I've set the orange ring on my speedo to light up if I go over 30 and drive with the cruise control on if the road is clear so that I don't creep over the limit. It's annoying that there is so much bad driving going on which is not detected by cameras and is probably more dangerous than going slightly over the limit. There are so many muppets that don't indicate etc.

Hard luck mate, and yep the course is definitely the better option!

Were you done by a speed camera?

Well I have to wait and see if I can get on the course first but it is my preferred option, I'll have to wait and see. I was actually caught in weymouth just coming off of a roundabout on the Dorchester Road. I suspect they will have caught many people there because people speed up as they join the flow of traffic. Pain in the butt but I don't deny that I was speeding so fair enough, however I really do believe that literally every driver has broken the speed limit at some point!

I think the governement should have a policy in place where the fine and points represent the alleged crime, as opposed to a straight jump to £60 and 3 points. But hey it's my fault will it change the way i drive, no but it will change the way I drive on that one round about. Hope I get on the course though I'm genuinely interested to see what they go through with you.

Well I have to wait and see if I can get on the course first but it is my preferred option, I'll have to wait and see. I was actually caught in weymouth just coming off of a roundabout on the Dorchester Road. I suspect they will have caught many people there because people speed up as they join the flow of traffic. Pain in the butt but I don't deny that I was speeding so fair enough, however I really do believe that literally every driver has broken the speed limit at some point!

I think the governement should have a policy in place where the fine and points represent the alleged crime, as opposed to a straight jump to £60 and 3 points. But hey it's my fault will it change the way i drive, no but it will change the way I drive on that one round about. Hope I get on the course though I'm genuinely interested to see what they go through with you.

thought is was impossible to break the speed limit on Dorchester Rd at this time of year :winky:

see they are cracking on with the by pass

i still think its a money making scheme... 37mph isnt going to cause a fatality considering you can break fast enough to not hurt anyone also pedestrians also have to be aware of traffic too. grrr i hate this government... are they still considering going to increases petrol by 2p in september?

That’s easy for you to say, because you are an adult.

Children are stupid, and don’t have the same traffic awareness as us, or understand the concept of speeding vehicles.

It doesn’t matter if you are doing 37mph, 30mph, or 20mph, if a child runs out in front of you, and you are not expecting it, you will hit them, and cause quite a lot of damage to them.

The idea of the Driver’s Awareness Course is to slow you down rather than the old style of punishing you, and I’m sure it’s the government that pays for you to go on these courses.

However I do agree with you on the petrol problem!

The cheapest petrol station to me charges 104.9 for unleaded, and 119.9 for super !!!!!

thought is was impossible to break the speed limit on Dorchester Rd at this time of year :winky:

see they are cracking on with the by pass

That's the frustrating thing for the most part of my journey I'm at 20mph or below and yet they nobbled me on the round about! lol

Did they get you with a gun then? It's getting worrying how often you see them lurking around nowadays - seriously thinking about investing in a front laser parking sensor as I'm having difficulty parking :whistling:

Sorry to about the speeding ticket mate!

I know your aloud to be 10% over the limit but i heard that there going to remove that loop hole soon so they can catch even more people as it is so easy to creep over the limit and 37mph is more than 10%.

Ask them when the cammera that you got caught with was calibrated? If it is out of date it means that everone that they caught after the due date has to be voided. But i think most of the police forces now make sure that doesnt happen very often as they loss out on money.

Unfortunately, these days speeding is an absolute offense.... if you are below the set limit on the gun, camera or whatever then the coppers won't bother, if you are 1 mph above, then that's it, you get a ticket.. and the coppers have little incentive to use any discretion.. Ain't life great with computers in charge!

Unfortunately, these days speeding is an absolute offense.... if you are below the set limit on the gun, camera or whatever then the coppers won't bother, if you are 1 mph above, then that's it, you get a ticket.. and the coppers have little incentive to use any discretion.. Ain't life great with computers in charge!

the wife sets the gun to 88mph(shes a fraffic cop) you go above your done but some of them set them to 83mph

the wife sets the gun to 88mph(shes a fraffic cop) you go above your done but some of them set them to 83mph

Is that in a 30 zone :D

lol no their is nearly a o tolarance on speeding in 20/30mph zones.which i can understand.

lol no their is nearly a o tolarance on speeding in 20/30mph zones.which i can understand.

isnt it supposed to be

10%+2mph ?

isnt it supposed to be

10%+2mph ?

10%plus 4mph mate so doing 37 in a 30 will see you with points but can be higher on the motorway or its up to the officer with the gun(they program the speed in),camera partnerships and accident reduction units are a diff kettle of fish though!!

My other half got done doin 81mph on the M180 by Humberside police :crybaby: wish it had been your wife

I hear what everybody says, just because a road is clear doesnt mean you should do stuid speeds up them, however they always pick the wide open roads, they pick one in birmingham where there are no footpaths so pedestrians are very few and far between. but how many of these cameras or speed gun vans do you see by schools? because ive never seen one, or in well buils residential areas, i.e the road next to mine where 2 paticualr idiots who by the looks of them have just swapped their green license for a pink one and have decided they are going to try and beat their lap record of the circuit they have decided to make, but they wont put them there, because 99% of road users on this road travel at 30mph or below due to the width and shape of the road in parts. instead they will put not very well placed innefective speed bumbs, which wrecks everyones suspension!!

however just a small piece of advice ive picked up, camera enforcement vans, and speed partnership offciers by law have to display a portable speed sign approximatly 50 meters from their van, so if u see a portable put up speed sign, theres a cemera van lurking somewhere.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links