Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Crashed My Lexus Is200

ATEEK

yesterday at around 11:50 i went for a drive, the conditions were wet and i lost controll of the back end and crashed into a tree.

i was just wondering if thers any insurance people who can help as i dont know if i am coverd for this and if it was my fault, i was not speeding however i think the car may be i writeoff i was the 3rd driver.

i was just wondering if i will get a courtacy car or a payout?

plz help

thank you

i will upload a pic of the car when possable and sorry for losing another lexus :crybaby:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yesterday at around 11:50 i went for a drive, the conditions were wet and i lost controll of the back end and crashed into a tree.

i was just wondering if thers any insurance people who can help as i dont know if i am coverd for this and if it was my fault, i was not speeding however i think the car may be i writeoff i was the 3rd driver.

i was just wondering if i will get a courtacy car or a payout?

plz help

thank you

i will upload a pic of the car when possable and sorry for losing another lexus :crybaby:

3rd driver?

Do you have fully comp insurance or TPFT? If the latter then you won't get a bean for repair or write off.

3rd driver? Do you mean the car has fully comp insurance but you are a named driver on the policy which covers the IS200?

Apart from damaging a tree did you hit anything else? Other property, another car?

Did you report this accident to the police?

Sorry for the accident and the loss of your car... :crybaby: another dead lexus....if you are the named driver on the policy then you should be covered under fully comp BUT if you ar NOT the named driver of the policy just an add on so to speak i dont think you will get a bean from the crash....i could be wrong.

Sounds like it could get a bit messy....

AIUI if you are named specifically on the policy then the full cover available applies to you as well - it would normally only be reduced to 'third party only' cover if you were covered under a 'any driver with the permission of the owner' type clause. That assumes, of course, that the policy was comprehensive! As to whether you get a courtesy car etc, that depends entirely on the wording of the policy.

You should go back to the scene as soon as possible and have a look at the road (assuming you can safely get close) - there may be oil or something on it. You don't really go into specifics of the accident but if there is diesel all over the road, or a carelessly positioned manhole cover, you may have a case against the local authority for failure to maintain the road in a safe condition.

However, since you were the only vehicle involved, no you won't get a flipping payout!

I assume it must have been a pretty big tree, if it's damaged the car enough to write it off but not sustain any damage itself?

If you are a named driver on a fully comp policy, you should be covered.

The only potential sticky point I can see is if you are a named driver and your Mum the main driver only to save you money on insurance. i.e. it is your car but your Mum insures it with you as a named driver to save money. Insurers are getting pretty hot on that these days as it is fraud, so as long as that isn't the case, you should be fine.

Well if your mother is insured fully comp and you are a named driver it shouldnt be a problem.

Let your insurance company know, if the car is a write off, then they should pay out how much they think they car is worth .

Iain

the best thing to do is, TELL THE INSURANCE YOUR MUM WAS DRIVING THE CAR AT THE TIME OF CRASH....SO YOUR EXCESS WILL BE CHEAPER TO PAY!

AND AS FOR THE ACCIDENT....YOU NEED TO PRETEND THERE WAS ANOTHER CAR COMING AT YOU AND YOU HAD TO MOVE OUT THE WAY WHICH CAUSED YOU TO CRASH INTO A TREE.

ITS THE ONLY WAY FORWARD IF YOU DONT WANT TO LOSE ANYTHING.

IT WAS AT NIGHT WASNT IT?

THE INSURANCE WILL PAY OUT AS THE SAME HAPPENED TO MY FRIEND.

the best thing to do is, TELL THE INSURANCE YOUR MUM WAS DRIVING THE CAR AT THE TIME OF CRASH....SO YOUR EXCESS WILL BE CHEAPER TO PAY!

AND AS FOR THE ACCIDENT....YOU NEED TO PRETEND THERE WAS ANOTHER CAR COMING AT YOU AND YOU HAD TO MOVE OUT THE WAY WHICH CAUSED YOU TO CRASH INTO A TREE.

& that is the reason the rest of us have to pay such bloody high insurance .:angry: ..... lets hope your friends insurance company reads this and prosecutes or even yours and when you try & have a claim they refuse it

Errr hold on, that is considered making a fraudulent claim and believe me insurance companies aren't stupid and it is also a criminal offence.

If that is what you would do yourself good luck to you but please do not advise other drivers to do the same.

Makes me wonder now why my premiums keep going up!

& that is the reason the rest of us have to pay such bloody high insurance .:angry: ..... lets hope your friends insurance company reads this and prosecutes or even yours and when you try & have a claim they refuse it

This was years ago....and that did really happen to him! I was jus simply hinting....a possible solution....I didn't mean to impy anything bad. Sorry if I have misled anyone.

Some great advice there, mate!- Rez89 guide on how to commit insurance fraud.

If I'm ever driving in Wirral I hope I don't run into you.

I'm confused.

If I hit a tree in a car there are a few things that I would do. Call the police at the scene. Call the AA, or whichever you belonged to. Took pics of the site. Phone the insurance company.

If you call your insurance company they will advise you quicker than anyone here will. This is due to us not knowing your insurance policy details.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

have you got any pics mate then we can tell you if its a gonner?and yes you should be covered,but can i stress one thing dont lie its their buisness and the insurers can smell blul shti a mile away.just tell them the truth lots of people have lost the rear of their rwd car in the rain and you wont be the last.