Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mpg Fuel Consumption?

jamle

Na mate, no trip computer for instant, average or range, just mpg needle, which you will never keep track of, so a calculator will need to be involved.

The way i see it, the lex was designed for motorway miles (this is just an opinion, not actual fact) quiet, smooth, high rev range is where the power is at. i live in north east scotland where there is no motorways or dual carrigeways, only loads of small towns and windy b-roads - therefore i probably bought the wrong car, but i just loved the looks inside & out.

due to the types of roads up my way and driving style, which changes when the wife & kids are in the car, ive never seen more than 25mpg, working it out over a full tank.

Edit - sorry, Kam answered the question on trip comp same time i did.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh your reason over fuel efficiency is same for my reason for wanting one over power lol. they are pretty cars, and well once ive got the coilover kit on, "played" with the diff ill have a comfortable daily commute drifter ;-) thats not that bad on fuel!

un-related or rather very! turbo kits for the is200.. i know superchargers are about 3k / 2k 2nd hand but how much is a turbo kit..? ive found one on prolex, but doesnt state a price and i was just wondering for future "upgrades"

the autos have snow mode too.

i get between 20 and 25 mpg depending on driving. last week i was running late for indoor football after work, just over 10 mile trip, twisty b roads, quarter of a tank gone!!

driven in manual (push button) traction off, and power button pressed of course!

Also I find putting the IS200 into SNOW mode (think only the manual have this?) improves mpg as it makes the throttle less responsive.

:duh: And there was me thinking only auto boxes had the SNOW mode....not that it made any difference to my fuel consumption on the few times I tried using it.

i average low 20's and drive very very hard, my is didn't cost me a lot so it gets abused. Spend my life between 4000-6000 rpm for 90% of driving. All motorway and high speed dual carrigeways, zero in town or residential it's a commuter/racer only. Use a ford cougar to go shopping and popping to local places and that's driven like a granny.

Just got back from Cornwall (now live in Staffs) and I did a full tank there and back (500 miles)....just (just to see if I could ;) ) Luckily I've got a petrol station down the road from me :whistling:

However, mileage really never concerns me. If it did I'd get a prius, sorry but (no offense intended) if you're griping over economy, I think you'll always be thinking "what if I'd bought X car".

Just got back from Cornwall (now live in Staffs) and I did a full tank there and back (500 miles)....just (just to see if I could ;) ) Luckily I've got a petrol station down the road from me :whistling:

However, mileage really never concerns me. If it did I'd get a prius, sorry but (no offense intended) if you're griping over economy, I think you'll always be thinking "what if I'd bought X car".

not being funny take a prius out for a test drive you will supprise yourself and the new one is even better its a 1.8 comes with 17"alloys, head up display, torque from the min you put your foot on the pedal and lots more.its even fast. and the best bit if you press the ev button(the electric only button) you can creep along silently and when people go to cross the road with out looking you can give them a fright with the horn.also in ideal conditions it'll see 72 mpg

not being funny take a prius out for a test drive you will supprise yourself and the new one is even better its a 1.8 comes with 17"alloys, head up display, torque from the min you put your foot on the pedal and lots more.its even fast. and the best bit if you press the ev button(the electric only button) you can creep along silently and when people go to cross the road with out looking you can give them a fright with the horn.also in ideal conditions it'll see 72 mpg

Absolutely agree, I think they're great cars. Someone told me Toyota made them as a sort of engineering showpiece and that they make little (or no) profit on selling them? Too pricey for my liking though at the moment. Do the latest ones have solar panels on the roof? Or is this an urban myth?

All said, still take the Lex in the looks/feel department :)

Absolutely agree, I think they're great cars. Someone told me Toyota made them as a sort of engineering showpiece and that they make little (or no) profit on selling them? Too pricey for my liking though at the moment. Do the latest ones have solar panels on the roof? Or is this an urban myth?

yes they have a solar roof but if you get the solar roof(optional extra) you get the poopy 15" alloy wheels with wheel trims,to be honest the solar roof in this country is a wast of time all its their for is on a hot day you can put your a/c on before you get to your car so its cool for you getting in too(a/c is powered by solar energy).

i here you ask why no 17"alloys with the solar roof

the solar roof weigh's a lot and so do the 17"alloys and the prius needs to stay on the not too heavy side(the heavyer it is the higher the emmisions)so you can only have one or the other oh and also the prius gets free road tax.

also heres one for you the engine on the prius is totally belt free ie no alternator belt,no power steering belt etc no belts at all.

(went on a course last month about them)but be warned you touch the wrong wire all that will be left of you is a pair of smoking trainers.

and your correct toyota make no money on the prius.

yes they have a solar roof but if you get the solar roof(optional extra) you get the poopy 15" alloy wheels with wheel trims,to be honest the solar roof in this country is a wast of time all its their for is on a hot day you can put your a/c on before you get to your car so its cool for you getting in too(a/c is powered by solar energy).

i here you ask why no 17"alloys with the solar roof

the solar roof weigh's a lot and so do the 17"alloys and the prius needs to stay on the not too heavy side(the heavyer it is the higher the emmisions)so you can only have one or the other oh and also the prius gets free road tax.

also heres one for you the engine on the prius is totally belt free ie no alternator belt,no power steering belt etc no belts at all.

(went on a course last month about them)but be warned you touch the wrong wire all that will be left of you is a pair of smoking trainers.

and your correct toyota make no money on the prius.

Hee Hee.. smokin trainers eh!!! Sounds like it is a bomb just waitin to go off. Just think of all those extra emissions if you get toasted.. lol.. :winky:

a few people have already been killed working on the car,fire men and body shop people also a few tecs too.its a really dangerous car if you don't know what you'r up too.650volts!!!thats just a start.

• 2 weeks later...

Usually fill up 50 litres and get 380 - motorway driving and local too. I've come to realise that the IS200 isn't an econmical car, if I wanted one, I'd go for a tiny Yaris for economy sake... but as you all know.. the IS 200 is a pleasure to drive. :)

Usually fill up 50 litres and get 380 - motorway driving and local too. I've come to realise that the IS200 isn't an econmical car, if I wanted one, I'd go for a tiny Yaris for economy sake... but as you all know.. the IS 200 is a pleasure to drive. :)

What you have got to consider when it comes to fuel consumption is that when I had my first one back in 1999 the car did the same mileage out of a full tank as the does the present forth one I have now, which is just over 300 round town and approx 350 on motorway. :shifty:

Now the intresting part is that back in 1999 a full tank cost around £38 but a full tank now cost £64.

So back in 1999 the car had quite acceptable mpg but now it does not?

I dont really believe its the car we should be blaming here as the mileage per tank has remained the same. :crybaby:

I believe its the oil companies are to blame here who have nearly doubled the cost of petrol and diesel! :tsktsk:

Also responsible are the government for being so greedy and taxing fuel so badly, which I am so surprised that no one has revolted against recently :tsktsk:

£30 get me about 150 miles and thats country roads!

where are all these little men that stand out side petrol stations??

its seems we have a price increase in petrol, people start a strike so they drop the price and then 5 months after they creep the price up day by day and no one does anything!

plus with the way the Economy is at the moment i didnt get the cost of living increase this year which is putting me out of pocket

Lets start a STRIKE again

pp

My car is a 51 plate IS200 SE and my driving consists of a complete mix of town centre roads and carriage ways but no motorway approx 22 miles a day and I thend to get 400 to 420 miles per tank.

But that tank is of course getting more expensive used to cost £50 or £60 now costs closer to £70. Petrol here has just gone up to 106p and the government are gonna bung another 2.5p per litre on at the end of the month! Swines!!!!! They really need to ease off of the motorist a little now, it's become very rediculous. Yes I could get a car with better MPG but I shouldn't have to do that just because the government aren't happy with a pound of flesh they now want a kilo!!! The swines in parliament have a convenient argument too which is by increasing feul tax they are causing the consumers to think more before they drive and save petrol. This maybe correct but it doesn't fly with me for example if everyone took this message to heart then imagine everyone driving hardly at all!! The government would get hardly any fuel tax and would no doubt increase alchol and cigarette taxes.

Sad fact is we were better off with the public having more cancer from smoking and being drunk because when they stopped fuel went through the roof. Guess what if we all ditch our petrol and deisel cars and start pinging around in teslas (and stopping every 200 miles, in real life of course that figure is closer to 100 miles of course) then suddenly electricity will go through the roof. They will screw us whatever we do! I have hardly any faith in the system sadly so the best thing to do is ignore it as much as possiblle and sit down with a pint of petrol of an evening and get wasted!

Good morrow good people!

Mine is a July 2003 Auto and in its first full week of ususl use it averaged 31.3 mpg; that's fill to auto shut-off and round up to the next Euro and then the same the following week. My driving is a 60-mile round-trip commute which is 25 miles A road each way and 5 miles town each way.

I haven't changed my driving style since I parted with the SAAB9-5. The SAAB was a manual 2 litre lpt and the best it would manage was 34 on the commute so I'm well chuffed with the Lexus.

Petrol cost in Ireland vary between €1.16 and €1.20 per litre (£0.98 to £1.02) and my commute cost me less than €60 per week. I'm certainly enjoying driving the car but I think it needs to be driven "smartly" at least because to get maximum efficiency you need to get to the point in the rev range where the car produces maximum power; after that your only lining the pockets of the oil companies and Richard Turpin (Government).

Mike

I think we should all sell our car, and buy £0 VED cars, then see what the Government does. Are they going to stop maintaining the roads? Turn off all the street lights? Of course not, they'll just tax the Prius at £400, and free for electric, unitl everyone buys electric, then charge them £400 tax, until everyones walking, then we'll have different tax bands according to how much you walk (more if you run). They're never going to stop taxing Joe Bloggs.

So I say we should all go out all brim the tanks of our Lexi', and enjoy them while we still can, and If the government is going to force us to stop feeding our children so we can afford to fill out tanks, then I think Mr Brown could be up for alot of child neglangence charges for indirectly starving the nations children (I wonder if that would work,lol)

Gareth

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links