Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mpg Fuel Consumption?

jamle

I think we should all sell our car, and buy £0 VED cars, then see what the Government does. Are they going to stop maintaining the roads? Turn off all the street lights? Of course not, they'll just tax the Prius at £400, and free for electric, unitl everyone buys electric, then charge them £400 tax, until everyones walking, then we'll have different tax bands according to how much you walk (more if you run). They're never going to stop taxing Joe Bloggs.

So I say we should all go out all brim the tanks of our Lexi', and enjoy them while we still can, and If the government is going to force us to stop feeding our children so we can afford to fill out tanks, then I think Mr Brown could be up for alot of child neglangence charges for indirectly starving the nations children (I wonder if that would work,lol)

Gareth

I'm with Gareth, recon I get less then 20mpg most the time. But to hell with it, nowt beats the feeling of blating about in an IS200. :)

James

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought my is200 about 2 weeks ago now. I used to drive a 1.8 astra coupe. i wasn't expecting economy, the IS was bought for the spec and image of the car. It does cost alot to run but then i think i was about to buy a 2.5 AWD x-type sport so i really better off.

And as for petrol prices....it simply makes me sick! i am only 21 but i remember back in the day when i had a scooter when i was 16. petrol cudnt of been more than 80 odd pence a litre

Hi, im 19 and back in the days when i stared driving i remember petrol prices were at 88p a litre...but now it has gone up to a stupid price of £1.06!

but i got my lexus because of the looks and the spec...the Lexus is my "Park up car" looks good anywhere u park it! :lol:

for heavy milage and long distance i use the economic 1.6 Astra! lol

• 2 weeks later...

I remember when I was about 16, I used to have an off road bike, and we'd go and get petrol from our local garage (which was always a bit more than supermarkets) and it was exactly £4 for 5 litres, so 60p a litre. Now its nearing twice that.

Gareth

That takes me back to when I was about 14 and used an off road bike. We used get petrol then for about 5 bob a gallon, that's 25p in todays money and that was for a GALLON (4.5 ltrs)!!

Mind you that was in 1971. A lot's changed since then and I'm not sure I would want to go back there. I think we are much better off now.

Dave.

ok for everyone having a go at me for saying about 50mpg... as i stated according to the mpg needle... so i honestly think there was no need to be sarcastic with responses was there.... ? oh and how does bout 110 miles to quarter of tank suit... is that a good enough explanation....? i have no idea if thats close to the 5ompg i stated but as said thats according to my needle in the mpg section.....

no ones slating you, or having a go at you.

The petrol Gague and the mpg needle on the is200 are probably both wrong.

1 quater of a tank = 15£ ish in fuel, so 110 miles isnt to bad, and is dooable. especially if any dual carriageway or motorway driving is involved.

I used to be able to get good mileage for fuel on my is200 but then I didnt buy mine for fuel efficiancey, would I buy another one = YES.

Butpeople have to remmber, they cant have luxury and fuel eco at the same time with the is200. The is200 has a special way of being driven, in 5th the is200 is very happy doing 30mph.

Has anyone thought of having their IS converted to LPG????

If so what's the cost, mpg, performance and praticality?

Hello All,

Just got my IS200 last weekend and just loving it, like so many have said did not buy it for economy for the looks inside & out. Picked up a 51 plate inmmaculate condition, only 48k miles, full lexus history and there is simply not a mark on it. Filled up with £15 and got approx 90 miles (mostly motorway), have since put another £25 and so far the trip is reading 100 miles (just around town with the odd thrashing thrown in). But since fuel is just goin up and up all the time, I'm not too disappointed. I can also remember 60p litre, happy days! :D

One question I did want to ask was approx how many miles do you get once the fuel light comes on based on around town driving?

Cheers

Chris :)

Hello All,

Just got my IS200 last weekend and just loving it, like so many have said did not buy it for economy for the looks inside & out. Picked up a 51 plate inmmaculate condition, only 48k miles, full lexus history and there is simply not a mark on it. Filled up with £15 and got approx 90 miles (mostly motorway), have since put another £25 and so far the trip is reading 100 miles (just around town with the odd thrashing thrown in). But since fuel is just goin up and up all the time, I'm not too disappointed. I can also remember 60p litre, happy days! :D

One question I did want to ask was approx how many miles do you get once the fuel light comes on based on around town driving?

Cheers

Chris :)

depends how you drive it Chris. When the light comes on, you've got approx. 10 Litres left in the tank.

Col.....

• 2 weeks later...

Morning all, i just had to fill up today. On my last tank i set myself a callange to see what good MPG i could get, with senible driving and by that i dont mean being a granddad sunday flatcap driver <_< !!!! By driving in a sensible manner i manged to do 330miles, that works to be about 24.5 miles to the gallon :D and that was all city driving!

But to honest i got board driving like that, so back to the normal programe and 20MPG everywere! :driving:

I get about 25 mpg out of my standard is200 manuel. Amongst other cars i have a rover coupe turbo heavily modded. For a grand you just cant buy a quicker car, but then at 12 ish to the gallon i dont think you can get much more expensive to run either. I used to run a 3500cc sd1 rover v8 this returned 13mpg. So at 25mpg from my 200 its better looking and and just all round better to drive.

Besides after watching a recent tv program on Dave its not about the mpg or the looks or the comfort, apperntly its about getting a woman to touch your nob, so they said on the telly anyway.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links