Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Picked Up My Isf

Well i finally got it and i LOVE it! The perfect car for me and it just gets better and better. Im currently working away but i managed to get a few pictures loaded onto photobucket before coming away. Laptop started playing up though so couldnt upload the rest. Ill post more if my fiancee gets round to loading them for me:

In a service station after picking it up from Nottingham dealership

ISFrearside.jpg

A happy father in law after i took him out for a spin in it :lol:

frontside.jpg

Can you spot the excited imposter in the pic? :D

isf.jpg

ISFengine.jpg

Also started work on stripping my last car (slightly modified v6 ford cougar) ready for some track day action but didnt have time to get any pics. Just removed most of the interior and have to mount my new bucket seats and then start work on stripping back alot of the loom. Then itll be time to remove things like air con and rear wiper and motor etc to get the weight down as low as possible.

Very nice indeed, that first shot looks awesome.

The colour chioce for me would be the Ultrasonic Blue or that one, Cardaxton Slate, very nice.

Now, be honest:

1.) How many heads does it turn?

2.) Have you had any people come up to you and ask about it?

3.) Have you had any comments, looks etc from BMW, Merc and/or Audi owners?

Thanks and well done

Not surprised your father in law looks pleased. A shared joy is a so much better sight than jealousy. I wish I knew somebody with one.

I used to be a fan of the M3 but since discovering that it often needs an engine rebuild at 50K miles and they are not that reliable, I have changed my view. I just can't imagine a Lexus being like that. And that's before you start taking the dealers into account.

Nice one mate. The exhaust noise is music to my ears.

Yeh i loved my old V6 but this is just amazing. Makes you have a bit of a lead foot though :whistling:

The colour chioce for me would be the Ultrasonic Blue or that one, Cardaxton Slate, very nice.

Now, be honest:

Thanks and well done

I love that blue colour too and i would have been very tempted to go for it but all the cars iv had so far have been blue so i had to make a change. White was my top choice but they seem to hold more value and i wasnt prepared to pay as much. But now i have my grey one i think it was the right colour to go for.

It has turned a few heads for sure. I was sat at the local crossroad light a few days ago and there was a girl in the passenger seat slyly pointing at it and i could read her lips saying to her boyfriend 'what is that car?' and then she gave a raised eyebrow and looked at it a bit further and then down at the wheels and then turned her lip up at them :blink: I guess someone has got to not like them though... strange girl!

I also thrashed a seat ibiza cupra on some dual carriageway and the driver caught me at the roundabout (when i slowed right down for him :lol: ) and just gave me the thumbs up and a huge smile :lol:

Iv not had chance to go past many mercs etc yet but i cant wait to. I just cant wait to surprise an M3 owner ;)

thought i knew of you from somewhere, cougar owners club, i don't post very much on that (cougary thingy) exept when the mrs zetec is broken (which is often) i drive my is200 and love it, you won't get the constant problems that cougars seem to give. Also this club is very very good.

Yeh i used to be a moderator for a while on ukcougar.com but with my new job i couldnt afford the time to do it properly so gave it up. This place does seem a bit friendlier though. Im on a few forums and also called p.whitelock on all of them as its just easier to remember logins etc :)

Yeh i loved my old V6 but this is just amazing. Makes you have a bit of a lead foot though :whistling:

Now, be honest:

Thanks and well done

I love that blue colour too and i would have been very tempted to go for it but all the cars iv had so far have been blue so i had to make a change. White was my top choice but they seem to hold more value and i wasnt prepared to pay as much. But now i have my grey one i think it was the right colour to go for.

It has turned a few heads for sure. I was sat at the local crossroad light a few days ago and there was a girl in the passenger seat slyly pointing at it and i could read her lips saying to her boyfriend 'what is that car?' and then she gave a raised eyebrow and looked at it a bit further and then down at the wheels and then turned her lip up at them :blink: I guess someone has got to not like them though... strange girl!

I also thrashed a seat ibiza cupra on some dual carriageway and the driver caught me at the roundabout (when i slowed right down for him :lol: ) and just gave me the thumbs up and a huge smile :lol:

Iv not had chance to go past many mercs etc yet but i cant wait to. I just cant wait to surprise an M3 owner ;)

Good work man.

Well that Blue colour, for some crazy reason is not available in Europe, absoloutley madness, I done a poll on here a while back asking if the Blue should be made available for UK/Europe customers and it was a landslide in favour of Yes, I don't know why Lexus work like this it's stupid, they could have launched that Blue as the house colour for F and have it has as limited number, so you have an limited edition within a limited edition if that makes sense and charged more for it????

I think that girl was jelous mate and probably wanted to be sat in your seat or the one next to you, lol

You have to post your expreience and feedback when you come up to a Merc or BMW owners especailly the 'Surprise M3' lol

What do you reckon yours will be worth in about 18 months time?

Now, be honest:

Thanks and well done

Good work man.

Well that Blue colour, for some crazy reason is not available in Europe, absoloutley madness, I done a poll on here a while back asking if the Blue should be made available for UK/Europe customers and it was a landslide in favour of Yes, I don't know why Lexus work like this it's stupid, they could have launched that Blue as the house colour for F and have it has as limited number, so you have an limited edition within a limited edition if that makes sense and charged more for it????

I think that girl was jelous mate and probably wanted to be sat in your seat or the one next to you, lol

You have to post your expreience and feedback when you come up to a Merc or BMW owners especailly the 'Surprise M3' lol

I didnt know that about the blue. Its really strange though as even the ISF brochure i got from the dealership shows a blue one on the front and back covers. Gorgeous colour.

To be honest im not too fussed whats its worth as i will be keeping this car for some considerable time. I paid 37k for it with 22k miles on the clock :crybaby: Worth it though :winky:

Now, be honest:

Thanks and well done

Good work man.

I didnt know that about the blue. Its really strange though as even the ISF brochure i got from the dealership shows a blue one on the front and back covers. Gorgeous colour.

To be honest im not too fussed whats its worth as i will be keeping this car for some considerable time. I paid 37k for it with 22k miles on the clock :crybaby: Worth it though :winky:

No doubt, the only reason I'm asking what it will be worth in 18 months time is so that I can buy it of you, lol.

I'm looking to get one in about 18 months, if things work out, maybe 24 months, but that's my next car IS F!!!!

Very nice car mate, i will know soon just how you feel, with my IS V8 :winky:

I have only seen 1 or 2 round where i am, :) hhmmm nice

You getting one or doing a transplant?

The rarity factor is one of the reasons i wanted one. The only other one iv seen is one in a showroom, but iv still to see one on the road.

Very nice car mate, i will know soon just how you feel, with my IS V8 :winky:

I have only seen 1 or 2 round where i am, :) hhmmm nice

You getting one or doing a transplant?

The rarity factor is one of the reasons i wanted one. The only other one iv seen is one in a showroom, but iv still to see one on the road.

Hi mate, i have just come to the end of my engine swap! V8 out of the LS400 into my IS :winky: take alook on youtube, under IS200 V8, and you will see, my one is the one with the Turbo :whistling: :winky:

Nice car you have there, :)

Very nice car congrats, I'm currently torn between the ISF and the GTR, I like both but can't decide for the life of me. GTR is great and stands out but there is something special about the ISF that keeps me intrigued and wanting one.