Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Battery Draining

jay m

Alright folks,

Basically as the title suggests, my Battery drains every day, every time i want to drive somewhere i need to jump it, been like this for a year or so, needless to say i barely drive it anymore but i want my car back!

I think it is something to do with the ecu (E-Manage ultimate) as ever since i got it installed i have been experiencing trouble. Initailly i thought it was a relay staying on as when i unplugged the injector relay in the engine bay a soft whining noise would stop. Replaced that and still the same.

If anyone has any suggestions at all that would be great as im completely lost, even wiring diagrams would be helpfull so i can sit down and properly think about this. Or places to try, or people to ask etc?

I want my car back lol.

I dont think its the Battery but to be honest i have so much stuff wired in it could be anything. It has been happening for around a year and as i got the emanage installed a few weeks before hand i figured that this would be the problem, also the power light on it remains on after turning off the ign. When the emanage was installed i asked for new injectors to be added too, this caused mass confusion with the "mechanic" and in the end i got it back with the oem ones left in. This seems too much of a coincidence that now occasionally when i turn the car off there is a whining sound coming from the engine bay and when the injector relay is unplugged it goes away.

It used to take several days to drain the Battery and now its a matter of hours, although saying that i dare say that with constant draining it probably has took its toll on the Battery, just not too sure where to start...

In writing this i had to go outside to jump my car to stop the alarm going off which cant be doing me any favours with the neighbours lol.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links