Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally I Got Myself A New Lex

Hello!

Finally after one year i got myself a new Is 200 after the other onegot wrecked :wub:

Oh my god i almost forgot how great the engine sounds :)

This time it's a 2001 plate Blue IS 200 Sport. My ex-lex was a 2000 plate (improvement :D )

Bought the car on Thursday and drove 1600 km all the way home and i enjoyed it :)

1 question for you: Whats the difference between the ordinary headlights and the Xenon headlights? (not aftermarket)

Different reflectors? Auto adjusting?

Wondering because we have strict rules about car modification in Norway and was wondering if there where any chance of installing Xenon leagally :)

Edit: another question. does the IS 300 Headlights fit a IS 200?

hello :)

glad to hear you got your car back not sure what the answers are to your questions but im sure Ormi will help you out :) he seems to know everything

Nice looking car matey...

Aftermarket HID`s arent actually legal BUT i have them fitted and ive not failed an MOT or been stopped by the police for haveing them...and also OEM HID`s have different lens covers i think.. I.E different reflections ...?

The only way you can get around your problem ( not being able to do mods etc) would be to fit some IS300 lights but you will have a problem not being able to fit them (you have to do slight modifications to the wings i think.as the IS300 has a slightly different front end.)

Hmmm doesn't the 2002 plate IS 200 have xenon as standard? At least the most expensive version?

No they dont Solhatt only the IS300 had HID Xenon lights fitted as standard....I have a 2005 plate IS200 and that only has normal bulbs BUT have fitted aftermarket HID`s and they are such an improvemnet over the "standard bulb"

It could be different spec cars in norway but the uk has

IS200 s

IS200 se

IS200 sport

IS200 LE

All normal bulbs

IS300

HID Xenon lihgts.

Thats a rough guide to UK cars as i say not sure on cars in/sold in norway.

Hmmm doesn't the 2002 plate IS 200 have xenon as standard? At least the most expensive version?

No they dont Solhatt only the IS300 had HID Xenon lights fitted as standard....I have a 2005 plate IS200 and that only has normal bulbs BUT have fitted aftermarket HID`s and they are such an improvemnet over the "standard bulb"

IS200 s

IS200 se

IS200 sport

IS200 LE

All normal bulbs

IS300

HID Xenon lihgts.

i have a 2004 is200 LE and it has hid,s fitted as standard !

IS200 s

IS200 se

IS200 sport

IS200 LE

All normal bulbs

IS300

HID Xenon lihgts.

Yeah you are right i forgot about the HID`s on the IS200 LE.....me dumb... :hehe:

IS200 s

IS200 se

IS200 sport

IS200 LE

All normal bulbs

IS300

HID Xenon lihgts.

Yeah you are right i forgot about the HID`s on the IS200 LE.....me dumb... :hehe:

ha ha ! i wouldn,t go that far !

I used the crash-at-high-speed-mod to convert it to a coupe :D

Thanks for the answers. So how impossible do you think it is to get my hands on a set of orginal Xenon head lights? :)

Bet its not easy :/

But anyways if i go for after marked hids what should i choose to get a white colored light? 5000k?

=') Sh*t

Aftermarket it is then :D

5000k is white? and 6000k is more bluish?

Ive got 5000k HIDS fitted and they are near enough like OEM lights (colour wise ) white with a small hint of blue ...i really like them.ive also had 6000k and really prefer the 5000k set up. :D

the funny thing about the hid's on a le................they dont have hight adjusters and they don't have any fancy reflectors either(i don't know how they got away with it).they are basicly a expensive version of the eBay ones.is300 are a pain to fit but will fit with some mods to the innerwing.

i have 10k's for my headlights and 8k's for full beam.looks good

But the aftermarket Xenon's i have seen takes about 4-5 seconds to heat up. On newer cars I've seen it takes no time. bad quality kit?

all hid's take time to heat up aftermarket or not.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links