Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bc Coilovers

Well my coilovers arrived thanks to the sale from Hodaz, so on the mates driveway off with the old and on with the new.

Firstly the BC coilovers have the ability to drop the car WAAAAAY below anything that is driveable. The normal adjustments on the bottom of the shock will drop it too low as it is then if you want to get technical you can play with the spring rates on the rest of the shock and then have about another 100mm worth of drop! Damping rates couldnt be easier to adjust with a twist knob on top of each shock.

Well... what a difference they have made to the car - i was expecting obviously the looks and handling improvements but i didnt expect the other things that came with it.

When i used to start my car i used to get a little clunk as the engine kicked over, nothing major but i thought a mount or something was loose along the lines, i noticed this disappeared after changing the coilovers.

Gear changing between 1st 2nd 3rd at nice low speeds has become SIGNIFICANTLY easier and smoother, oh i cant even begin to describe how much nicer it is - so precise and smooth with no lunge from the car because of the old saggy suspension.

And...! I used to have the infamous 'judder under braking' problem that many people have described - completely gone!

So, all round - an absolute bonus for me, really happy with the handling and looks and super happy about the other problems it seems to have remedied :)

Previous shocks had reached 95k miles.

6300_239295715183_512610183_8386719_2851387_n.jpg

I think in all honesty i need to raise the front a few mm, it seems to be all settling in now...

Yeah the front wheels do have a hell of a camber to them - in person standing next to the car it does look real evil though :)

I kept catching them under bumper protector thingies on the ground but i removed them and everything seems to be ok - if im taking a corner at real high speeds though it seems to send the wheels into the arches and bumps into them... not good! But i shall be raising the front a little on the weekend - the back i think is at a perfect height though.

Luckily none of my routes involve speed bumps but i did tackle the ones through town centre the other day and not a single scrape... (15mph though)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links