Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300 Insurance Re-new (shock)

stevlee

Hi all, just like to see other member's insurance in 2009 for their is200/300. This year the comprehensive insurance has increased from £450 with Bell to £730 with no change to any personal circumstance at all??!!! This is with 6 years no claim and over 30+. I tried all the comparison web site, and this is the best figure I came up with. Can't understand why... my other car a Civic has also increased by £150.00. Luckily I can use cashback site to bring it back close to last years figure.

What happened to the insurance industry, want to price us out of driving cars, or are they making as much ££ as possible in the current economic climate?

Incidentally, I played around with the comparison website and 0 no claim bonus. The cheapest figure came out as £2470.. the price of some is200???!!!! really confused ??!!

Its all those wiplash claims, uninsured drivers and ambulance chasers pushing up the preimums mate.

Was listening to 5 Live recently and they were talking about rising car insurance. They had someone on from one of the big UK insurers and he was saying that for every £100 a insurance company recieves they are paying out £104.

my insurance is £1800 fully comp, 19yrs old. 0ncb, 2years driving experience....thats with CHURCHILL.

as for insurance price going up...i think its to do with the current economic situation and they are following gas and energy companies, and increasing the insurance premium rate. my dad insurance went up by an extra £10 a month for no reason.

also could be due to the number of accidents and theft rates in the area.

Hi, I have just renewed the insurance on my wifes IS200 Sport and even though I got cheaper quotes on Confused.com, I ended up taking it out with Tesco for £307.00 as there was a free pressure washer included. I think the cheapest quote I got on Confused was about £260. That was with full 6 years no claims and no points/convictions, but declaring that I had a 'Not Drivers Fault' accident last year where my sister-in-law drove in the back of my GS300 Sport.

We even took out the Protected No-Claims which we haven't in the past as there as so many uninsured drivers out there and did not want to lose the NCD we'd built up.

The one thing I couldn't beleive was that Tesco wrote to me to arrange the collection/delivery of the free pressure washer and I decided to collect, but then changed my mind and opted for delivery and had it delivered a few days later. I then had a call from Tesco to come and collect, so ended up with two free pressure washers - result.

mine was £800and something fully comp with 4 years nc, but i did a search yesterday cos i was bored using a site called Emodified they gave me a quote of £1400ish but they have an option to search other brokers through their website and i managed to get the cheapest quote at just over £500 with all modifications listed, but the most expensive was a shockingly steep £4500!!! and the ones im insured with at present refused to give me a new quote lol.

A SMALL TIP!!

WHEN RENEWING, don't stick with your currant insurer and just give them your money, you wont get a good offer of them because they already have your business, the best offers only go to new customers because they need you. try phoning your currant insurer with a different name and see what quote you get, then phone back with your real name for a renewal.

i'm 29 4 years no claims wife is on the policy shes 27 just looked at the cost the now it was £202.40 fully comp doing 12k a year.

i'm a tec and mot tester the wife is(dont hate me)a traffic cop.

Im 30 with nearly 2 years ncb. I up for renew next month and last time i filled out the elephant thingy it was £500 which i suppose isnt too bad but i will definitely shop around. Im with admiral at the moment. Ormi... Booo!!!! jk :) im impressed its so cheap for your wife to get insured!! is it just because shes a women?

Hi all, just like to see other member's insurance in 2009 for their is200/300. This year the comprehensive insurance has increased from £450 with Bell to £730 with no change to any personal circumstance at all??!!! This is with 6 years no claim and over 30+. I tried all the comparison web site, and this is the best figure I came up with. Can't understand why... my other car a Civic has also increased by £150.00. Luckily I can use cashback site to bring it back close to last years figure.

What happened to the insurance industry, want to price us out of driving cars, or are they making as much ££ as possible in the current economic climate?

Incidentally, I played around with the comparison website and 0 no claim bonus. The cheapest figure came out as £2470.. the price of some is200???!!!! really confused ??!!

hi

try this site mate

http://www.footmanjames.co.uk/

am 27 and i got £700 full comprehensive with 3yrs no claims

wahid

Im 30 with nearly 2 years ncb. I up for renew next month and last time i filled out the elephant thingy it was £500 which i suppose isnt too bad but i will definitely shop around. Im with admiral at the moment. Ormi... Booo!!!! jk :) im impressed its so cheap for your wife to get insured!! is it just because shes a women?

if i take my wife off it goes up too 750!!!!!!!!so she stays on.its a combo of being married(lowers your insurance and also a home owner too)also it helps that shes been a police officer for 4 years and traffic officer for nearly a year.your job has a lot to do with insurance too.

Well my job is water engineering in which i deal with flooding problems :) am i right in thinking that if you just contact them directly without going through those comparethemarket websites it actually cheaper? or makes no difference?

Well my job is water engineering in which i deal with flooding problems :) am i right in thinking that if you just contact them directly without going through those comparethemarket websites it actually cheaper? or makes no difference?

my friend did that went on comp the meercat(lol)then contacted them direct and it was cheaper when he phoned not by a lot but its better in his pocket.

I'm with admiral at the moment and paid £500 on the nose with[don't laugh] breakdown cover :shutit:

But get this 17 and rising NCB.

Must be where i live :unsure:

Ive just been getting quotes for my car and i swear its gone up £100 since i last did a check few months back. Im 30 with 2 yr NCB when i have to come renew in end of Oct and i cant believe the ive been quoted £625!! bloody car insurance companies i swear they take the micky mouse at times.

we,ve just renewed our 2 vans and a 15ton truck,cost £5k,thats with full ncd,been told it will be £8k next year due to

1..uninsured drivers

2..flood claims

3..excessive injury claims

they say due to the climate,its only increased slightly this year,CAN,T WAIT FOR NEXT YEAR,NOT!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links