Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Latest Mod

dandydons

I have just added a minor mod to my car and am quite impressed. Nice TRD leather gear knob.

gearknob.jpg

Anyone else got one. ?

I have only driven about 10 miles with it on but think am going to like it. It takes a little bit getting used to since it is quite a bit smaller than the lexus ball that I had before.

Looks quite nice, how much did you pick that up for?

About £25 inc delivery. Came from Hong Kong but looks like a very good quality if it is not a genuine TRD. I have another genuine TRD one that I bought a while back for my starlet which I was going to use but it has engrained the 1-5 gear pattern ..this one is smaller but like I said feels good and stitching is good.

looks good matey!!was it an easy fit?

they screw on

Yes guys screws on and a good tight fit. - it is a better fit than the ball that was on which was not a screw on fitting for some reason.Was getting fed up with it twisting slightly out of line and now I know why !

your OEM ball, should have been a screw on...strange

I know mate - it is weird . might not be an original lexus one - will have to post a pic to see if anyone else has the same one - it is what I would describe as a light bulb type fitting with two sticky out pins that should slot into the gear stick but obviously the gear stick is threaded . It was basically held in place with double sided tape twisted round the stick. :unsure:

basically held in place with double sided tape twisted round the stick. :unsure:

doesnt sound like Lexus quality does it :lol:

Good shout Bazza - always suspected it might not be oem since the part on the top is a bit glazed.Never seen an original one to compare though.

Are there any more of them on eBay?? I had no luck finding a decent one like this :( There's some F16 one.. looks bit dodgy though..

Yes mate heres the link to UK eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRD-Genuine-BALL-shi...8QQcmdZViewItem

- above one is same seller I got mine from - took 8 days to arrive from Hong Kong.check his feedback and you will see good comments about the same item.

The automatic gear knob is M8x1.25 and the manual M12x1.25 so do not interchangable.

Anyone know where i can get the original lexus sport gear knob apart from dealership? cant seem to find them on eBay anymore.

not sure if this is what you are after?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEXUS-IS200-ORIGINAL...id=p3286.c0.m14

The automatic gear knob is M8x1.25 and the manual M12x1.25 so do not interchangable.

Anyone know where i can get the original lexus sport gear knob apart from dealership? cant seem to find them on eBay anymore.

not sure if this is what you are after?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEXUS-IS200-ORIGINAL...id=p3286.c0.m14

Thats the one! Thanks mate :)

• 1 month later...

been busy doing some mods of my own, but just wanted to say i recently installed this,

been driving with it for about a month, and i love it.

the throw before was so long, that i would get lost in the gears and sometimes shift right into the wrong gear.

this seems to alleviate that quite a bit.

a friend of mine said that these short throw shift kits destroy transmissions synchros.

has anyone else heard this, or have an idea why he said that?

i do not notice any difference in the feel of my gearbox, but like i said, only been a month.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links