Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dreaded Metal Scraping Sound Is Back! :-(

lex28

Whilst driving grinding metal on metal sound coming from drivers side, cant tell if front or back..had this problem last year..

can be heard whilst going above 20mph and when NOT applying the brakes..

Ive changed rear pads, discs, drums etc, front have been checked and discs and pads are ok.

I also grinded down the backing plate last year to see if it made any difference and geased up all the necessary bits.

After all that doesnt changed, until suddenly it disapeared for nearly a year....

BUT

NOW ITS BACK!! ARGHHHH

its turning peoples heads for the wrong reasons and its really annoying and loud-ish, even having music on, it can be heard!!

its a winding, whistleing sound, and no its not a turbo or supercharger!!

please anyone, someone help me! i do not dare go to lexus and have my ***** handed to me!

Paz

check the backing plates behind the brake disc's again matey sounds like it could be one of them rubbing they tend to get quite out of shape even tho you grinded it down. worth a doing as it wont cost to push them out again. failing that tighten up all the bolts on the callipers? other than that im out of ideas mate.

check the backing plates behind the brake disc's again matey sounds like it could be one of them rubbing they tend to get quite out of shape even tho you grinded it down. worth a doing as it wont cost to push them out again. failing that tighten up all the bolts on the callipers? other than that im out of ideas mate.

WHEEL BEARING!!!

Yep, I have the same thing.....had it for months (on and off).....I keep the window shut !!!.......following the thread with interest, but I reckon it's the wheel bearing. Off on hol to Suffolk soon, then I suppose I will get both the front bearings renewed...unless this thread tells me a squirt if WD40 is a sure fire cure !!

ive been to local garage, got lex onto axle, said it aint sticky calipers, im i right in saying that if wheels move freely by hand then sticky calipers are out the question??

he said that the sliding pin/bolt is not an issue as calipers are not sticking???

im lost!

ive been to local garage, got lex onto axle, said it aint sticky calipers, im i right in saying that if wheels move freely by hand then sticky calipers are out the question??

he said that the sliding pin/bolt is not an issue as calipers are not sticking???

im lost!

listen mate have your front brakes checked again i had the same problems and it was a front brake issue it is very irrititating

quick update for those with same/similar problems....i pushed back the backing plate with my hands through the spokes of the alloys, abit of debire(sp) came out..but the noise HAS GONE! well for now anyway...