Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

i am thinking of putting in headrest monitors. I know how i am going to go about the wiring and running it under the carpet and coming out beneath the seats. But what i need advice on is the issue with allowing for the seat to move without pulling and ripping the wire.

lets say for example my drivers seat is positioned to my preference and i wire the headrest to that but then if i take it in for a service or something and they move the seat all the way back that will pull the wire and possibly cause damage. so because of this, i was thinking of moving the seat the the further position at the back and wiring it on that setting and then that way i have enough wire for all positions. But the problem i can see with this is that there will be alot of excess wire dangling beneath the seat.

does anyone have any ideas how i can go about doing this? i mean the seats themselves have alot of wires going into them for the cooling and heating etc. so there must be something that they are doing

thanks

put the wire so that it comes up from the carpet about half way in the middle of the chair then it should have a pretty much equal distance to travel in each direction, shouldn't end up with to much excess that way mate.

i'm not too sure i understand that exactly, because if i bring up the wire from the middle, when the seat needs to move back it needs some more wire, where will this extra wire come from unless i leave excess underneath? :unsure:

thanks for your reply.

do you mean position the chair in the middle and run the cable through under the seat as normal?

Follow the OEm cable routing and tie the new cable along side it, the Oem seats have cables in them on both sides for the seat belt tensioner (SRS) just follow and tie alongside that loom, it will allow your seat the same movement without disturbing your existing or new cables.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links