Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Key Issue!

inflames

Hi everyone, hope everyone is well.

Anyway i brought my IS200 SE 9 months ago, when i got the car it had to keys 1 of which is broken and the master key! The master key will unlock the car and start it, but none of the buttons on the key fob work, iv changed the Battery but this didnt fix it. Iv read many threads on here how to reprograme the key but all these say that you need to use the power lock button, which doent work on my key. I have started to think that the sensor in the car is faulty?

What do you guys think this could be?

Hi everyone, hope everyone is well.

Anyway i brought my IS200 SE 9 months ago, when i got the car it had to keys 1 of which is broken and the master key! The master key will unlock the car and start it, but none of the buttons on the key fob work, iv changed the battery but this didnt fix it. Iv read many threads on here how to reprograme the key but all these say that you need to use the power lock button, which doent work on my key. I have started to think that the sensor in the car is faulty?

What do you guys think this could be?

I think the 'power lock' button refers to the one on the driver's door that you can use to lock and unlock all the doors with, I know you do have to fiddle around with it at some point in the procedure. Hope this helps and good luck - for most people it takes several attempts to get the timing of everything right so don't give up hope straight away!

James

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys i got it to work only took two attempts aswell so chuffed. James thanks for pointing out that the power lock was the button in on the door, made me feel very silly :duh: but thank you. :D

hi guys, sorry for the hijack,

but, im having the same issue, followed the guide on here, using the lock on the door etc, but it wont work for some reason

lost track of how many times ive tried over the last hour, is it worth taking it to Lexus to re-program the key that ive got??

The security light is supposed to stay turned off. When you put you new key to be programmed in the ignition barrel, if it starts to flash it is not in program mode. You have to press the accelerator pedal once then it should start to flash.