Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Walnut Interior Parts - Gs300 Mk1

The walnut surround around around the gear selctor and the dash ashtray surround on my GS300 Sport is quite badly scratched and cracked in a few places which I'd like to replace. Ive been on the phone to Lexus (Hanley) who have been very helpful but require the part numbers - can anyone help me with this please?

Appreciated.

The walnut surround around around the gear selctor and the dash ashtray surround on my GS300 Sport is quite badly scratched and cracked in a few places which I'd like to replace. Ive been on the phone to Lexus (Hanley) who have been very helpful but require the part numbers - can anyone help me with this please?

Appreciated.

I believe its: 5880430170

Cheers Janey.

Well that's a bummer! Phoned Lexus to be told no longer supplied. Looks like I'm going to have to go the route

of getting them restored by the kind of people who do the old Jag dashes etc. I've thought about breakers yards

but of course they're going to fob me off with any old crap.

If anyone has had a similar problem or knows another option I'd appreciate any help.

You used to be able to get kits on eBay etc but whether you still can I'm not sure, the only other place I've seen the full console is the US (eBay again link here) but your taking nearly $500 + shipping and the possibility of getting stung by customs so a restorer may be the cheaper option ;)

Around the gear selector is 58804-30180, but at 430 odd euros, it is f**ing expensive :ohmy:

ashtray is 74110-30180, about 130 euro.

I would think a scrappy is your best bet, there is no difference between the Sport and standard models on the interior.

Around the gear selector is 58804-30180, but at 430 odd euros, it is f**ing expensive :ohmy:

ashtray is 74110-30180, about 130 euro.

I would think a scrappy is your best bet, there is no difference between the Sport and standard models on the interior.

Well at that kind of money I might as well by an old GS300 on eBay, take out what I need and then throw it away :D

Thanks for all your help chaps!!

Can you not remove it from the car, get some 1000 grit wet'n'dry from Halfords, and polish it back up yourself?

If it's scratched to heck anyway, what are you going to lose by trying it?

Yep, hadn't thought of that actually. Strange how you don't see the bloody obvious sometimes :blush: Cheers!!

If you dont want to make a mess of it yourself, a decent bodyshop would be able to rub it down and re-lacquer it for you. Shouldn't be too expensive, especially compared to new prices. I gave mine a light compound, polish then wax and it brought them up a treat :)