Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Poll on wheels

Poor quality alloy wheel has always been a problem for both Lexus and Toyota in the UK

I had my car for only 2 months when they started pitting,Ihad them replaced only 4 weeks ago at 8500miles:mad:

How many people have had their wheels replaced? After how many miles? I've done 55k miles and mine are in a terrible state (mainly pitted not kerbed). I guess I should have complained a long time ago.

Get them changed as soon as possible if the car is still in warranty.Once 60,000 arrives the won't want to know

[Edited on 8-4-2002 by Chris Shipley]

Thats why I was interested in how many people were sucessfull in getting them replaced. The car is still under warrranty, just.

On the other hand I'm not going to keep it too much longer so I'm not that fussed. Might help the trade in value though.

[Edited on 8-4-2002 by ricky_is200]

When I bought my car from Lexus Guilford, They had the wheels sent away to be referbished. I am really pleased with the finish, however they are painted two tone. It is only the outside face that is bare alloy. but they are really easy to keep clean. I have only done 7,000 miles with them on. I will let you know how they fare.

:yes:

My 16-inch wheels seem fine so far (Jan 2000). They're a pain to clean with the textured surface though - they should have made them smooth. (I clean them once a week now which makes it much easier.) They look much better than the 2002 16's but they're still not exactly the best looking alloys you can buy.

Poor Quality = No

Pain to Clean = Yes

Poor looks = Yes

Lexus keep saying that they have got the situation in hand and are changing the way the wheels are laquered

So far I have not seen one single new 2002 car with them on