Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sqeaky Seat - Out Of Warranty Is220d 2006

Hi Guys,

A bit of advice would be appreciated.

I bought my IS220d in 2006 from Lexus Belfast. I had it about 3 months when the drivers side seat began to squeak when going around corners and over speed bumps.

Lexus tried to fix this issue but within days it began sqeaking again. In the end they allegedly changed the seat for a new one, and yet again it began to squeak within days. So I took it back for them to look at and they changed some part of the seat and it was apparently fixed. This was a year ago and about 2 months ago the seat began squeaking again.

Now the car is out of warranty as I've got 100k miles on it ( I do a lot of travelling! ).

I'm wondering if you guys think that I have a case to ask Lexus to fix the issue again, given its history?

Also, a rattle/squeak has developed in the dash board and the middle speaker. It looks like something is loose and is rattling.

Any helps, or pointers would be really appreciated. The squeak is really started to grate on my nerves.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

I had the same problem with my GS.

Last time I took it in they said that, because I was the only driver, the grease can squeeze out of the runners. All they did was run it back and forth up the runners and tilt it back and forth a few times. The squeak went!!!

I've set up a position in the seat memory that takes it to the extremes of travel so I can "exercise" the seat every few weeks ;-)

Who knows, they might be right? It's been over a week now and it's been fine.

Malc

mine has a similar thing and a real "clonk" too feels like its slipping and then catching (although it doesnt move) also when you alter the tilt it wont locate properly on one side then after about five mins of driving pings into place.

booked in on friday so hopefully it will be sorted i'll let you know what happens

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links