Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advice?

iLLz

Hey everyone...

Got the IS SE200 Auto as some may already know...

Got £1000 to spend on engine mods...c'mon people! Make me a shopping list to crank up the power jus a lil' bit cuz I don't know nuffin bout Lexus parts...

Also would be forever grateful if anyone can point me to where I can purchase angel eyes for it as I want to fit HIDs but don't want to have them without projectors...

nuff luv!

save that 1000 and save up an other 1000 and you'll have a supercharger.get a stainless exhaust/manifold and a induction kit/panel filter thats about it though. as for hid's why not???plenty of people have them and have had no problem's.

what body mods you got?

Forget the HID's for now.....If you want performance.

As above save another few quid and get the SCer.

Better yet, go buy a full exhaust including stainless manifold and maybe some suspension. That is a good starting point then consider proper performance stuff after that.

How much is a SC and will it work on my car regardless of it being Auto?...also how much to fit it? And why is a full exhaust better than a SC? :blush:

supercharger will work fine on an automatic

full exhaust system will only enhance a supercharger, and give minimal if any gains on a n/a

2nd hand charger kits are around the £2000 mark at present, very little chance of any new ones still being available !

Hi mate, if you want a significant performance with your car you have to take a used sc as many have already adviced you. Else if you want some simple mods, you could change your intake air filter with an aftermarket such as K&N. I would not suggest to fit a cat back exhaust since you will not see significant power upgrade and will have to pay for around 400 to 500 pounds. Get a set of lower springs and maybe a set of arbs. You will enjoy your ride more and you will have a significant change in the noise after 4000rpm with the filter. Also change your pads with mintex or ebc and you will also have a better braking. If you manage to save another grand and you do not find a supercharger since they are very rear and get hold of very fast, you can try the light turbo option. They are a few members that have already taken this route and they do not have problems with the reliability and are happy with the performance.

Hi mate, if you want a significant performance with your car you have to take a used sc as many have already adviced you. Else if you want some simple mods, you could change your intake air filter with an aftermarket such as K&N. I would not suggest to fit a cat back exhaust since you will not see significant power upgrade and will have to pay for around 400 to 500 pounds. Get a set of lower springs and maybe a set of arbs. You will enjoy your ride more and you will have a significant change in the noise after 4000rpm with the filter. Also change your pads with mintex or ebc and you will also have a better braking. If you manage to save another grand and you do not find a supercharger since they are very rear and get hold of very fast, you can try the light turbo option. They are a few members that have already taken this route and they do not have problems with the reliability and are happy with the performance.

thanks mate!...i will be saving another 1k then...and how much approx am i looking for labour costs? and what car is the sc coming off? cause im pretty sure that is200 or 300 never came charged?

yip it was on the option list it was developed by tte(charger is a mod'd merc one)is200 only, also good luck finding one mate very rare.also its a diy job if your ok with a set of spanners.

yip it was on the option list it was developed by tte(charger is a mod'd merc one)is200 only, also good luck finding one mate very rare.also its a diy job if your ok with a set of spanners.

ok well when i get to the 2k mark ill post it up and maybe someone can tell me where to look...i think it really needs some more power...i had a tdi golf before and the torque on that was immense...i know i could never duplicate that with a petrol but still, i think the 0-60 is weak on standard se auto.

thanks yet again everyone! props!

Mate, there is a guy here that's selling his turbo setup and forged pistons for about 2600AUD. You will have to pay for the shipping from Australia. You might get it cheaper as the guy want's to get rid of it. There are few other people interested but nothing set, so let me know as I might be able to put you in contact with him.