Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sorry if further reading on the forum would answer my question but there is a lot to go through.

Can anyone tell me if a door mirror off a ’93-’94 LS 400 will fit my 1998 Mk IV?

Thanks

Rod

Hello, Im not to sure, but I dont think so...I replaced mine, through breakage, My car is a 1995 Mark 3, a 1994 Mark 2 would not fit. the bolts that secure the mirror to the door do not line-up. I hope that someone else can help you further....Cheers Roy.

Sorry part numbers are completely different so not interchangeable but you can just buy individual parts to repair e.g outer casing in the correct factory colour.

part number for the complete mirror is either 87931-50330 or 87961-50330 ( LHS/RHS)

Thanks for the quick replies guys

I'm still finding my way around this motor :blink::blink:

I used to think that my Scorpio was - how shall I put it ..... different :shutit:

But the LS400 is just something else :) :) :) Putting it mildly, I am chuffed to bits.

Bearing in mind that I am a mechanical numpty, the best description of my mirror problem is that the glass does not appear to be properly attached to the mechanical thingies inside the casing. Here's where you all laugh at me as in my initial ignorance of Lexus prices, :excl::excl::excl: my first thought was to buy a new complete mirror. At £475 for a car no longer in production they simply have to be joking.

Any ideas as to what plan B should be.

Thanks

Rod

Thanks for the quick replies guys

I'm still finding my way around this motor :blink::blink:

I used to think that my Scorpio was - how shall I put it ..... different :shutit:

But the LS400 is just something else :) :) :) Putting it mildly, I am chuffed to bits.

Bearing in mind that I am a mechanical numpty, the best description of my mirror problem is that the glass does not appear to be properly attached to the mechanical thingies inside the casing. Here's where you all laugh at me as in my initial ignorance of Lexus prices, :excl::excl::excl: my first thought was to buy a new complete mirror. At £475 for a car no longer in production they simply have to be joking.

Any ideas as to what plan B should be.

Thanks

Rod

get in touch with benfur on here he might have one.

.... the best description of my mirror problem is that the glass does not appear to be properly attached to the mechanical thingies inside the casing.

On a Mk-iii car, The glass and its backing plate is "hooked and clipped" onto the motor mounting mechanism.

Perhaps yours has become unclipped, or maybe one of the clips is damaged.

The workshop manual shows how to remove the glass. Which I have tried and it works of course.

send me a PM with your email and I can forward a workshop picture if you do not have it.

Thanks Simon

The car is a Mk IV but the mirror glass backing plate does have the plastic clips and you are right :winky: one clip is broken.

PM sent with addy.

I am waiting to get some pics of the car so that I can properly sign is as a newbie but WOW - I am really impressed with the help and advice already received from you kind folk.

Regards

Rod

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP -for update

Having been quoted £475 for a replacement door mirror, my next choice garage has dismantled the mirror - with a little help from Simon T - thanks :ooh-ducky: and put it in working order

B) B) B)

and simply charged me one hours labour @ £41 + Vodka and Tonic.

Next up is the bonnet struts - or a pair of sky hooks if Benfur's bad opinion of second hand struts is proved correct :unsure:

Thanks for your help guys

Regards

Rod

• 4 weeks later...
BUMP -for update

Having been quoted £475 for a replacement door mirror, my next choice garage has dismantled the mirror - with a little help from Simon T - thanks :ooh-ducky: and put it in working order

B) B) B)

and simply charged me one hours labour @ £41 + Vodka and Tonic.

Next up is the bonnet struts - or a pair of sky hooks if Benfur's bad opinion of second hand struts is proved correct :unsure:

Thanks for your help guys

Regards

Rod

I've used MK3 vw golf tailgate struts on two MK3 LS400's so far so are bound to fit a MK4 as well, just grab the ball fixings off the scrap car you get the struts off, if the golf ones hold the boot up with the glass in then they should hold your bonnet up easily, I think one time I did it just one golf strut held my bonnet up! they seem stronger and lift it slightly highter too. :shifty:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links