Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Noise

DINO

Hi all,

Need som advise, when I take off the car makes creak sounds. When driving its fine and then when braking creaks again from the front driver side. is this the lower arm or the ball joints. mechanic has checked and advised it the lower arm. Does the whole arm require replacing or just the bushes. I thought it might be the ball joint?

Cheers.:crying:

Whole arm needs replacing,( £116 from Lexus ) ive tried finding bushes only, but to no avail.

Thanks for confirming this mate. Mechanic sprayed somthing on the joints (not WD40) and the noise went away for two weeks and came back, but not as bad. i will get both sides replaced and then see dr Tony Bones for allignment.

Holts do a spray called 'Rubber and Nylon Lubricant' which I used on a few of my previous cars.

Cured creaky / squeaky bushes for quite a while so perhaps that was what got used on yours.

TG

Hi,

That must be the stuff, I was quite amazed that the creaks went away with some spray for a while. Thanks for the info.