Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

6 Weeks - Can't Drive

colbecoz

Hi peeps,

well, time has at last come for me to have my hip operation. Been told I can't drive for 6 weeks, so, my Lexy baby will possibly be lyin around for that time. Any tips on wot I should do to stop it breaking or goin funny for that amount of time??

Col.... :winky: :duh:

Hi peeps,

well, time has at last come for me to have my hip operation. Been told I can't drive for 6 weeks, so, my Lexy baby will possibly be lyin around for that time. Any tips on wot I should do to stop it breaking or goin funny for that amount of time??

maybe get someone else to drive it ? or is that too much ? lol

wouldnt worry too much

is it under cover or out in the open ?

if its in the open give it a nice wash and wax and preferably a decent cover on it

may need jump starting after 6 weeks, but depends on your Battery strength

short runs and intermittant starting will do it more harm than leaving it doing nothing

good luck with the operation, hope it all goes well :)

Hi peeps,

6 weeks shouldn't be a problem, just leave it parked, if it's somewhere safe and flat perhaps leave the parking brake off, otherwise don't worry, my dad left his LS400 for 2 months once whilst abroad, soon as they got back it fired up straight away, not a problem.

wouldnt worry too much

if its in the open give it a nice wash and wax and preferably a decent cover on it

may need jump starting after 6 weeks, but depends on your battery strength

short runs and intermittant starting will do it more harm than leaving it doing nothing

sorry bazza but i use my is200 intermittantly, so should i give it a good run on the motorway every now and then ? coz at the mo i do as you say would do harm ?

wouldnt worry too much

sorry bazza but i use my is200 intermittantly, so should i give it a good run on the motorway every now and then ? coz at the mo i do as you say would do harm ?

its not particulary doing it harm, but doesn't do it much good !

a quick blast does it the world of good, try and use the rev range through the gears, try to vary speed and what gears you use, getting it up to temperature will allow any condensation in the engine and exhaust to dispel

the ecu learns how the car is driven, so vary your driving to use all aspects of the ecu settings

wouldnt worry too much

its not particulary doing it harm, but doesn't do it much good !

a quick blast does it the world of good, try and use the rev range through the gears, try to vary speed and what gears you use, getting it up to temperature will allow any condensation in the engine and exhaust to dispel

the ecu learns how the car is driven, so vary your driving to use all aspects of the ecu settings

excellent, a good excuse to go for a drive. ill give it a go, any excuse eh ! lol

Hi peeps,

Not the wife... nooooooooooooo..... too much.. defo... lol

:crybaby::blush::hehe: :winky:

wouldnt worry too much

Ta mate... I'll get it washed and waxed.. fill the tank full, boost charge tthe Battery and hope all turns out OK with the Op and my Lexy baby.

Col.. :winky:

Good luck with the op Col ;)

Cheers Tommy... More concerned about my Lexy baby than me... lol

Col .. :hehe::hehe: :winky:

hope you heal fast mate!!you should go to Halfords and get one of those car covers and protect your baby from poop!!!

Hi peeps,

Not the wife... nooooooooooooo..... too much.. defo... lol

:crybaby::blush::hehe: :winky:

yeh agree lol

Col

Hope the op went ok, guess you'll be playing a lot more on that PS3

Cheers mate, they cancelled the Op' at the last minute...!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seems I may have a tumour on my Kidney.???????? Anyhoo.. Ultra sound today, then possible MRI scan..... I'm fed up...

Col :duh:

Cheers mate, they cancelled the Op' at the last minute...!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seems I may have a tumour on my Kidney.???????? Anyhoo.. Ultra sound today, then possible MRI scan..... I'm fed up...

Real sorry to hear that Colin, no wonder you are fed up. Fingers crossed scan ok.

Col

Hope all is well Colin - you had the scan done yet ?

Col

Hope all is well Colin - you had the scan done yet ?

Had an ultra sound yesterday.. nothing showed up... now they tell me 10% of these things don't show on an ultra sound. Now have to wait and see wot the Professor guy wants next!! Guess it'll be an MRI??? Anyhoo, least I still get to drive my baby......... yeeeehaaaaa. Life's too short to worry....

Col.......... :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links