Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Flashing Trc Light

Fitzyboy

OK give us the whole story, any other lights on, did the car just die when the TRC flashed etc.

Ok I was driving down the road, doing about 80 the trc light flashed on and the car slowed right down to a stop, and would nt start. had to get it taken away on recovery truck, as its an automatic... checked all fuses and all them were ok....

OK give us the whole story, any other lights on, did the car just die when the TRC flashed etc.

Ok I was driving down the road, doing about 80 the trc light flashed on and the car slowed right down to a stop, and would nt start. had to get it taken away on recovery truck, as its an automatic... checked all fuses and all them were ok....

i am sort of thinking that if as MacRS200 said that if there is a faulty censor, it may send some soft of fault codes to your ECU and that may preventing it to start it. why don't you re set your ECU by taking the Battery out for about 20 mins and putting back in to see what is going on. not saying it will solve your problem but at least it will clear out all the fault codes and then we defiantly will know something is mechanical.

let us know how you get on.

i am sort of thinking that if as MacRS200 said that if there is a faulty censor, it may send some soft of fault codes to your ECU and that may preventing it to start it. why don't you re set your ECU by taking the Battery out for about 20 mins and putting back in to see what is going on. not saying it will solve your problem but at least it will clear out all the fault codes and then we defiantly will know something is mechanical.

let us know how you get on.

ok i will try that and see if that helps. i all so noticed to day that engine was turning over slow even when jumpleads were on Battery. would that be part of the same problem????

AFAIK the traction control uses the ABS sensors on the rears to detect "wheel spin". The flashing TRC light indicates the TRC has activated, all it does is cut the ignition reducing power.

A faulty sensor or wiring MAY stop the car starting.

Have you had any work done at the rear of the car around the wheels or brakes recently? Have a good look around.

Also I don't thing the ECU will have a any fault codes stored if the CEL is not lit.

In the past when people have had this problem, we’ve never really got to the bottom of it. Sometimes it was either the ABS, or coil pack.

When I very first bought my car, my TRC flashed. Turned out there wasn’t enough anti-freeze in the car, and it stopped.

So really it could be anything, and I think you might have to bite the bullet and get a garage to look at it, and let us know what particular problem it was this time.

In the past when people have had this problem, we’ve never really got to the bottom of it. Sometimes it was either the ABS, or coil pack.

When I very first bought my car, my TRC flashed. Turned out there wasn’t enough anti-freeze in the car, and it stopped.

So really it could be anything, and I think you might have to bite the bullet and get a garage to look at it, and let us know what particular problem it was this time.

anyone know timing point settings? lexus is200