Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which/what Tv To Get?

Damer

Fancy treating myself and getting a new TV. The spec is mind boggling. I know I want either 32" or 37" and it should be HD1080. But what else to look for?

Will be running Sky HD on it, Wii, standard DVD and maybe a PS3 (over an Xbox because of its BlueRay Capability).

Views comments welcome.

Any particular price range? 1080p on a 32" isn't really that important, as you wouldn't really be able to see the difference at that size.

Sony have really moved the LCD game on with their current range, if price isn't too important that's where I'd put my money. When you say other factors, again if price isn't the issue, then I'd say go for 100Hz screen (200Hz if you can afford it) as the handling of motion is so much better.

make sure it's got plenty of hdmi ports as well. you'll run out quickly if you start getting HD equipment. i have 3 hdmi ports on my tv and i've run out, i think four is what most come with. the samsung LED screen are quiet nice and bright if a tad expensive.

Thanks. Defo want 37" anything larger will be too big.

Seen a Panasonic with 100MHz for £850 cheapest I have found with 100MHz is a Toshiba at £549 (online price) John Lewis Price £649.

Narrowing it down £850 is probably as much as I want to spend.

I think £850 should get you a 37" Sony 100Hz - that's the one I'd go for personally as the Sony LCDs are now a step above the others imho.

I know it's quite subjective but when you see them side by side the Sony's really do have an edge - it is nice to see Sony making the best TVs again after a long time not (except for Pioneer plasmas but that's a different story)

I have just bought a 37 panasonic and am delighted with it.I asked an experienced local t.v engineer who said Panasonic were best for reliability.They also have a five year manufacturers warranty.My previous set was a Loewe-very expensive-and it packed up on its fourth birthday-parts not avaliable uneconomical repair etc..Never again!!!.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links