Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is The Boot Size A Deal Breaker

Good Morning everyone. We are on the point of changing our car from a 07 Skoda Superb Elegance to a 07 LEXUS GS 450HSE. I have just noticed comments about the boot size. Has anyone lived with the boot size on a daily basis. Is it a pain, does all the other plus points of the car make up for the (as far as I can see) the only down side of the car..Thank you

Good Morning everyone. We are on the point of changing our car from a 07 Skoda Superb Elegance to a 07 LEXUS GS 450HSE. I have just noticed comments about the boot size. Has anyone lived with the boot size on a daily basis. Is it a pain, does all the other plus points of the car make up for the (as far as I can see) the only down side of the car..Thank you

I have a 450h of the same vintage. I moved from an Avensis with a cavernous boot.

It all depends on what you regularly do. We find that the boot is the similair to a small hatchaback. like a fiesta or maybe even a focus. Sometimes some additional though is required when planning a trip, but we have never found it to be an issue.

For all the other rewards of the car the boot can be at most, a minor inconvenience.

If you are buying from a lexus centre, why not see if you can book a 24hr test drive in a new 450h and see how it goes?

Paul

I have a 450h of the same vintage. I moved from an Avensis with a cavernous boot.

It all depends on what you regularly do. We find that the boot is the similair to a small hatchaback. like a fiesta or maybe even a focus. Sometimes some additional though is required when planning a trip, but we have never found it to be an issue.

For all the other rewards of the car the boot can be at most, a minor inconvenience.

If you are buying from a lexus centre, why not see if you can book a 24hr test drive in a new 450h and see how it goes?

Paul

Thanks Paul for your comments. We will take your advice and try to arrange a 24 hour test with our local Lexus dealer here in Chester.

Roy

Depends how much you use the boot, but for day to day use I think it's big enough (as it's still a reasonable size, as above similar to that in a family hatchback)

Only problem would arise if you had to put some suitcases in there picking someone up from the airport or something, as it really wouldn't work well at that.

Paul

Thanks Paul for your comments. We will take your advice and try to arrange a 24 hour test with our local Lexus dealer here in Chester.

Roy

I too have a 450h and I find the boot to be more than adequate for day to day use. The only time I wish it had more space is when going on holiday with the wife and two kids but I got the Lexus dealer to throw in a roofbox as part of the deal which solves that issue.

I find that when you show someone the car and they look in the boot their first reaction is to comment on how small it is but let's be honest, how often would you need more space?? It'll quite happily take my golf clubs and a trolley at the weekend and most of the rest of the time the boots empty anyway.

Simon

HI,

I'm sure Lexus make a fitted luggage range for the GS450, mabey this would be worth investigating, or indeed part of the new car deal!!!!

Edit: Just found the details:

Samsonite Luggage

There is a range of Samsonite luggage*** that fits perfectly in the boot of the GS450h. It can be obtained from most major retailer and department stores for further information contact your local Lexus Centre.

Yeah there is a luggage range, my dealer had a GS450h in the showroom a while back stuffed with these cases. It's quite cool how it fits so perfectly, and personally if I bought one I'd make sure I got the set thrown in as part of the deal.

Thanks to everyone for the invaluable advice and comments......my conclusion is that the boot size is not a deal breaker, we will go ahead and purchase.

Good decision, you will so enjoy this car and not have to do those dreaded airport runs ! Enjoy

Regards Tony

Thanks to everyone for the invaluable advice and comments......my conclusion is that the boot size is not a deal breaker, we will go ahead and purchase.

Almost three years ago when I took delivery of my GS450h, as part of the deal I got the Samsonite luggage set thrown in.

I have to say I have to date never needed to use it, as the boot with if nesecary careful loading is always capable of taking standard sized luggage. Also, I beleive the facelifted 2008 cars have a very slightly larger boot. By the way the Samsonite set if you can get a dealer to give it to you as part of a deal is worth having - although a bit smaller than standard cases they are all superb quality being almost at the top of the Samsonite range.

Regards

Keith

Well, I think we have found the car I will buy, before I do if I May I will tell you the deal and wait for comments. The car is an Oct 06 (56 plate)GS450H SE with sunroof in Messe red mileage is 44000 with a full Lexus service history. The car looks clean with a few chips around the front but nothing bad. Price £18990 and the part exchange on my present car is acceptable.

What do you guys think of the deal and the purchase price, good, bad, average? Should I snatch the dealers hand off or walk away. Never bought a Lexus before so asking for advise from more people with more experience than I have. I f I have a concern it is the mileage a little above the average. Thanks again

Well, I think we have found the car I will buy, before I do if I May I will tell you the deal and wait for comments. The car is an Oct 06 (56 plate)GS450H SE with sunroof in Messe red mileage is 44000 with a full Lexus service history. The car looks clean with a few chips around the front but nothing bad. Price £18990 and the part exchange on my present car is acceptable.

What do you guys think of the deal and the purchase price, good, bad, average? Should I snatch the dealers hand off or walk away. Never bought a Lexus before so asking for advise from more people with more experience than I have. I f I have a concern it is the mileage a little above the average. Thanks again

Hard to say about the price - I bought mine in April, 23 Months old with 47k - and paid 500 more. Mine is an SE without sunroof. For me it is a little expensive - the main warranty runs out this month - Is it a lexus direct car and do you get the 12 month lexus warranty?

Paul

Hard to say about the price - I bought mine in April, 23 Months old with 47k - and paid 500 more. Mine is an SE without sunroof. For me it is a little expensive - the main warranty runs out this month - Is it a lexus direct car and do you get the 12 month lexus warranty?

Paul

Hi again, this deal looks about right IF you are buying it from a Lexus dealer as with so much kit I feel it best to be covered by a Lexus warranty, I will extend my warranty (£800 P A )with Lexus when I have owned it for 12 months, I know cheaper ones are for sale but I hate cop outs ! I have just pre purchased 12 mths servicing based on 40,000 miles per year for £1,245 so my total for a year worry free motoring is £2 K which I think is brilliant given the huge drop in value from new to what I paid 2 years later. Peace of mind like a new car.

Good luck with your decision, let us know

Regards Tony

Paul

Yes it is a Lexus direct car from a Lexus dealer and I was offered an extended 12 months warranty in addition to the 12 months warranty if and when I buy the car...so in affect giving me 2 years warranty in total.

the 12 months addition warranty was offered at £220 as part of an incentive to buy.

Paul

Paul

Yes it is a Lexus direct car from a Lexus dealer and I was offered an extended 12 months warranty in addition to the 12 months warranty if and when I buy the car...so in affect giving me 2 years warranty in total.

the 12 months addition warranty was offered at £220 as part of an incentive to buy.

Paul

I dont think you can ask for more ! Top deal

Is that the car at Lexus Coventry? If so, that's the price they've got it up for, so I would think you can get more off the price (especially as it's down as negotiable). At least get them to throw in a couple of services too or something :)

Either way, if you look on the approved used site, and sort by price, three cars under this one there is a blue SE-L at stockton, it's on an 06 plate but only 35k miles. It's up for £19,980, but I'm sure you'd be able to get it for the same price as the red one.

And despite being a little older, the SE-L spec is much better, can't remember what the differences are but the key ones for me would be the mark levinson sound system and the adaptive cruise control (both fantastic bits of kit)

Sorry if you've already considered all this, but just wanted to mention it if you haven't.

That's a shame, looked like a good price for an SE-L - but good luck with the search as there are quite a few decent cars on the Lexus site so I'm sure you'll find the right one soon. But go in there to get at least £1k knocked off the asking price, as I think that's achievable in the current climate.

That's a shame, looked like a good price for an SE-L - but good luck with the search as there are quite a few decent cars on the Lexus site so I'm sure you'll find the right one soon. But go in there to get at least £1k knocked off the asking price, as I think that's achievable in the current climate.

Thanks for that. We are just setting off now (Sunday) on our way to Cheltenham. i will post tonight with the result. Roy and Val

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links