Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Colour For Is-f!

Yep this has been mentioned in another thread, but definitely good news worth saying again! The white leather interior will also be available so they're finally listening!

It will also have a proper LSD which again is about time :)

[quote name='Parthiban' date='Sep 28 2009, 12:54 PM' post='692312'

It will also have a proper LSD which again is about time :)

Pardon me for saying so but.................. rubbish - they've almost certainly put a slipper in because it's the cheaper option!

Ask virtually any professional competition driver (me included, albeit in the not so recent past) and I'm pretty sure that all but the absolute best would say that, much as it undoubtedly feels more fun to go sideways with a traditional limited slip it simply isn't as consistent (or fast for that matter) as the latest electronic systems.

But does the IS-F have a proper Ferrari style e-diff? I don't know to be honest so didn't mean to cause offence, it's just that I've read more than one review that have said that the IS-F could seriously benefit from a proper LSD (including top gear I think)

This is where you find that the ultrasonic blue become so common that the second hand market will favour the other colours :whistling:

Don't think they'll be selling many. It was pretty difficult selling the 150 that came in initially. Hardly an exciting car compared to what else you can get for the money, it'll be spanked by an M3 or RS4 and a BMW 330D M Sport is only a second or so slower to 62 mph and that returns 44 mpg.

This is where you find that the ultrasonic blue become so common that the second hand market will favour the other colours :whistling:

Don't think they'll be selling many. It was pretty difficult selling the 150 that came in initially. Hardly an exciting car compared to what else you can get for the money, it'll be spanked by an M3 or RS4 and a BMW 330D M Sport is only a second or so slower to 62 mph and that returns 44 mpg.

How is it not exciting car, i for one love the lexus as there is not that many on the road, unlike the BMW where every one seems to have one , but the 330 is -still a BMW, i would still have the IS-F over then BMW,s, and there would be 1 car i would have over all 3 and thats the C class AMG 6.3 now that is a beast :whistling: lets face it if you have the cash to buy one of them cars, the last thing on your mind is what would be the mpg are ;)

But yes the C63 would also be on that list as that engine just sounds amazing!

It does indeed - and I guess the previous comment about fuel costs not being a big issue if you can afford the car in the first place is pretty much true....

BUT........ it would soon be off the list if you'd ever driven one! The Merc was actually higher up the wish list than the "F" until I got to try one - the ride

really is teeth-clatteringly hard on British roads.

I have to say I'm a bit surprised (and disappointed!) to see members on here "dissing" the IS-F and suggesting it perhaps doesn't compare well with the

Audi RS4 (which isn't available except as a drop-top version of an old model) or the BMW M3 because you don't see as many on the road.

I ran BMWs for years before my current mount and, much as they did most of the things I want a road car to do, the build quality and reliability are no

longer their strongest selling points - my business partner is on his third M3 which, in just two years, has devoured two gearboxes, a clutch, three rear

light assemblies and many, many litres of engine oil at nearly £20.00 a pop!

I'm pretty confident that I can out-drive anything comparable in my Lexus (except perhaps the RS4 which would also have been higher up the wish list if

they did one yet) and I seriously don't expect things to fall off or break whilst doing it!

So, let's hear it for an all-round spankingly good first effort from Lexus - so they struggled to sell the first 150, I reckon it's more down to reticence on the

part of the buying public to accept that it could be any good than it is to any shortcomings in the car.

so they struggled to sell the first 150, I reckon it's more down to reticence on the

part of the buying public to accept that it could be any good than it is to any shortcomings in the car.

I actually think it was down to poor timing with the credit crunch, otherwise they would have sold them easy.

Interesting about the C63s ride, as that's the main complaint about the IS-F........but many long term reviews only say good things about the IS so it must be the easier car to live with.

I love the C63 and was fortunate that my dealer took me for a quick spin in one. As ww said the ride is bone shaking, so much so that i don't think i could use it as a daily ride. My own car is the sport version and that is incredibly stiff

Perhaps the ISF isn't hugely exciting, but it is no slouch. Maybe it does its thing with too little fuss. It is a touch nimbler than the latest M3 up to speeds you meet on A roads and motorways and eats the earlier tired 6 cyl version. The 330D is magnificent for a diesel, but easily lost by the ISF. Both the RS8 & C63 have the edge in speed - but to live with them would be a genuine nuisance. The RS8 is wider than any known parking bay and the C63 needs your own personal osteopath to keep you mobile after driving it.

In terms of appeal, maybe the ISF is a bit rare & subtle compared with the "in your face" RS8. The C63 looks to hold an overweight businessman, and the ubiquitous M3 is as ever a triumph of potent engineering and flamboyant bad taste - sadly appealing to those who misuse one and revel in the other. It's horses for courses - they are all great cars in a tiny market and you wonder where the buyers are still coming from with ever-increasing prices.

I have never seen another ISF on the road. Are they gone too fast to register?

I dont agree 100%. I have an ISF and before i got it i had a sit in a few BMWs including M5 and M3 etc, and they are not even close to being as nice inside. They look alot cheaper and basic inside and you dont feel special sat in it. They are alot more common and i raced an RS4 down the motorway a few days ago and i embarassed the RS4. It was considerably slower due to less torque, more weight and the 4WD system.

Plus driving the ISF is very exciting. Iv owned it for a few months now and just cant wait to get back in it and drive again every time i get out. The ISF also does 34mpg so its very fuel efficient for what you are getting.

Plus driving the ISF is very exciting. Iv owned it for a few months now and just cant wait to get back in it and drive again every time i get out. The ISF also does 34mpg so its very fuel efficient for what you are getting.

I'd better get one then as you're getting a better mpg figure than my IS250.

No, seriously, I have driven the ISF a few times now and as I've said many times before, it's like being in my 250 SE-L for 90% of the time with the other 10% when you can use the extra power (and then you're illegal within seconds).

Yes I can well afford one, but doubt if I will.

All personal opinion, of course.

That's a valid point I guess, I think the white leather interior would do more to make it feel a little more special and exclusive, but on the whole I think that's the problem with a lot of these hypersaloons.....

If you had a 330/335i, would an M3 feel different enough to warrant how much more you pay for it? I think it's probably harder to justify the M3 as the 335i is pretty close in terms of real world on the road performance.

With the IS-F it's not quite as hard as there is such a big difference in performance - the IS250 is perfectly adequate but if you want power then the IS-F is your only choice.

No, seriously, I have driven the ISF a few times now and as I've said many times before, it's like being in my 250 SE-L for 90% of the time with the other 10% when you can use the extra power (and then you're illegal within seconds).

I detect a slight sarcasm with my mpg figures? That is also the official figures from Lexus, and on my first long motorway run without cruise on i actually got 37mpg... which i couldnt quite believe. That will be due to the variable inlet and exhaust timing though. I got less in my old Ford Cougar 2.5 V6.

I agree though about your comment of it not being different enough inside. I think the outside is where it mainly stands out with the wheels, bonnet bulge, vents and exhaust. But yes, inside it pretty much is an IS250. But then the 250 is alot nicer than the equivelant BMWs in my opinion. I would like the F to look a more individual inside.

But then my wife says she loves the car because its so understated and just 'nice'. And people kind of dont expect it when it pulls away from them etc :whistling:

I detect a slight sarcasm with my mpg figures? That is also the official figures from Lexus, and on my first long motorway run without cruise on i actually got 37mpg... which i couldnt quite believe. That will be due to the variable inlet and exhaust timing though. I got less in my old Ford Cougar 2.5 V6.

I agree though about your comment of it not being different enough inside. I think the outside is where it mainly stands out with the wheels, bonnet bulge, vents and exhaust. But yes, inside it pretty much is an IS250. But then the 250 is alot nicer than the equivelant BMWs in my opinion. I would like the F to look a more individual inside.

But then my wife says she loves the car because its so understated and just 'nice'. And people kind of dont expect it when it pulls away from them etc :whistling:

The 34 and 37 mpg figures are they tank average or brim to brim?

• 2 months later...

The 34 and 37 mpg figures are they tank average or brim to brim?

My mpg figures are journey figures going between the north east and cheshire. Sat at about 75-80 most of the way with a few 50 roadwork zones and then some in town free flowing traffic too. Im as surprised as anyone else with the figures and i have had around 32 recently on motorways. I dont know if i have just got more confident with the car or wether now using my cruise control most of the times has dropped my figures a little?

I am getting about 24, which is using what is close to a combined cycle route to work (e.g. Heavy Traffic, Motorway and B-Roads). I think 24 is very good, given the V8''s I've owned before. The 8 speed box seems to help, as it means you can stay in a gear that matches your speed; the auto also likes running at 1500-2000rpm.

I am getting about 24, which is using what is close to a combined cycle route to work (e.g. Heavy Traffic, Motorway and B-Roads). I think 24 is very good, given the V8''s I've owned before. The 8 speed box seems to help, as it means you can stay in a gear that matches your speed; the auto also likes running at 1500-2000rpm.

Hi chaps, Average 32 34 on motorway, but then again wouldnt have bought car if I wanted to save money, had it 20 months now 33000 miles worth every pennny, had front seats changed at Lexus due to wear after 6000 mls and rear wheels changed at Lexus due to paint blebbing and flaking off, worth every penny.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links