Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2,0 3sge 16v Beams Engine 4cyl

the engine will fit.

if you have a 3S-GE Beams from an Altezza (or IS200?) then it will go in yours.

you may have to buy engine mount bushings along with a new air flow meter.

there are several kits available to force induction.

Trust/Greddy makes the most common turbo charging kit.

but if you are going to turbo charge your motor (or supercharge it for that matter),

you will need to lower the compression.

this can be done several ways.

either buy a different head gasket, or change out the internals (crankshaft and pistons)

there are two stroker kits that i know of, JUN and TODA, that will lower the compression in the process.

be careful though, there is also a TODA stroker kit that keeps the high compression.

if you do not lower your compression ratio, you will not be able to run high boost.

the mkII MR2 came from the Toyota factory with a stock 3S-GTE running approx 12-15 psi at 8.5:1? compression ratio (off the top of my head).

hope this helps.

yep you can fit in the 3S-GE in no probs

there will be some differences so won't be a straight swap

there will be some slight differences in the loom as some of the sensors are different and there's only 1 o2 sensors used in a manual altezza

also the bell housing is different on the 3S-GE so you may aswell look for an engine with a gear box

you could use this site www.toyodiy.com to check between the differences

hope that's of some help

Why not just buy an Altezza RS200 with this engine allready in? Probably more cost effective than doing the engine swap.

do they make LHD tezza's

Don't believe they did as the Tezza was JDM only.

One possible problem that I can see is a clash between the steering and exhaust being LHD. not much room down there really.

Well I have the 3S-GTE in mine and it is a VERY hard conversion, but the power is all worth while :P far quicker than the supercharged IS200's and more economical.

The main problem you will find (as you have a LHD) is the exhaust manifold and down pipe will be in the way of your steering assembly because they come down on the opposite side to the 1J, not going to be an easy or straight forward swap.

IS300 is sold both RHD and LHD, i do not think they changed the orientation of the exhaust?

if it is that big of a deal, i think the only thing needed may be a new bumper, unless he does not mind cutting his own hole in his bumper.

even then i do not think that will be a big deal.

and i have no idea what a 1J is, maybe a 1JZ, which was never sold in an altezza or IS series lexus...

the IS200 came with a 1G-FE...

nothing wrong with custom exhaust anyway man... your exhaust manifold and down-pipe will be fine,

you might, and i doubt it, but you might have to go get your own pipes from the header/down-pipe to the muffler custom made.

people put the 3S-GTE in old Corolla's (or twin cams, or hachi roku's, or what ever you want to call the AE86) here and in the United States,

and I have never heard of this steering column problem that has been brought up.

i am not saying it will not present a challenge, but i do not believe you should scrap the project because of it.

hell, if you pay my way to sweden, i will help with the process.

i promise you that the 3S-GE (or 3S-GTE if you decide to turbo it) will satisfy you much more than the 1G-FE, not matter what you do to it.

if you have not already purchased the motor, gearbox, wire harness and computer (i read your whole post)

i would advise you just save your money, sell your car, and use the total to buy something with a better engine already in it.

unless you can get the set up for an extremely good price, which means not much more than free, i say pass on the motor and stuff.

but that is just me, i try to do my own work on my own car, so i am hesitant to let other people work on my car.

even Yeldarb had a specialized shop who removes and re-installs that very motor on a daily basis, albeit from a different chassis,

and overhauls them in between, i mean these people really know this motor inside and out, and they had a time doing this conversion...

when you remove the stock engine, and reinstall a different one, even if the engine was designed to go in that very chassis,

you never know what kind of problems you will run into during an engine swap...

i have personally done one by myself, and helped on a couple others, it is very educational, and it consumes all kinds of time.

engine swapping is one of the most fun things i have ever done, so if you are going to do it yourself, by all means, dive in, educate yourself.

you can not put a price on that sort of thing. and i believe you have chosen a completely doable project...

but it is not going to be done over the weekend, so unless you are going to be able to spend all day every day for about two weeks or so,

it may take you some time to get it done, a month goes by slowly, months make time stand still, i hope that is not your only form of transportation.

other wise you are going to be paying someone a lot of money for labour.

did not mean to lecture you man, hope this helps

-jeremiah

and i have no idea what a 1J is, maybe a 1JZ, which was never sold in an altezza or IS series lexus...

The 1G-FE has the down pipe on the Right hand side. The Altezza with the 3S-GE units have the down pipe on the Left hand side. In a LHD vehicle (OP is in Sweden therefore LHD) the steering is also on the left therefore interferers with the exhaust manifold and down pipe, this is pretty simple to understand?????

I know this because I have the only true 3S-GTE in the world (all the others are 3S-GE's with GTE internals as they started out as Altezzas) and as I am moving abroad have looked into swapping the dash and steering to make mine LHD and take the Lex with me - there isn't the room beleve me no way!!

You could always do what this chap did, buy an Altezza & convert it to LHD http://www.tezzaworld.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1885

dsc01292tz9.jpg

Email him & see if can help you abraham.castillo2@hotmail.com

Neat job. unfortunately with a turbo a conversion to mine is just not possible. Which is why it will be sold at some point in the not to distant future, and replaces with a LHD turbo car.

The 1G-FE has the down pipe on the Right hand side. The Altezza with the 3S-GE units have the down pipe on the Left hand side. In a LHD vehicle (OP is in Sweden therefore LHD) the steering is also on the left therefore interferers with the exhaust manifold and down pipe, this is pretty simple to understand?????

I know this because I have the only true 3S-GTE in the world (all the others are 3S-GE's with GTE internals as they started out as Altezzas)

i don't mean to be difficult here, but neither the 1G-FE nor the 3S-GE have downpipes.

i am not even going to explain that one.

plenty of people turbo charge the IS300 in the United States, and it is LHD.

they do not have this mysterious steering component problem that has been brought up here.

plenty of people turbo charge the IS300/Altezza AS300 in England, Australia, and Japan, and there they are RHD.

they do not have this mysterious steering component problem that has been brought up here.

i do not want to argue, but i hate to see this guy get improper information.

bottom line:

if he wants to do the engine swap to a BEAMS 3S-GE, it will work.

especially since he has 90% of everything he needs.

and if he wants to turbo charge it, i am certain he will be able to accomplish that as well.

it might take some finagling,

but it will not be the first LHD Front egine RWD four cylinder with exhaust manifold on the left hand side of the motor in the world,

that somebody turbo charged.

and do some research on the Altezza BEAMS 3S-GE, it is a better engine than the MR2/Celica 3S-GTE.

that is why so many people turbo charge them instead of doing true 3S-GTE conversions.

the third gen mr2 3S-GTE puts out like 260 bhp, but it is with forced induction.

the Altezza BEAMS 3S-GE, w/dual VVTi puts out like 200 bhp, stock, that is high compression, not turbo charged.

i should not have to explain that.

http://www.beams-redtop.com/blackmods.htm

thanks for that people, i think the engine is from a lhd car but am looking in to it a bit more before i go down and get it. just got the turbo ordered and am on the hunt for a manifold for it..... so if anybody has a turbo manifoldfor the 1G-FE they want to send to me just pop me a pm

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links