Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Changing Oil Is200 Novice Style !

rej

Feel like getting my hands dirty with my IS200 !

Im a complete novice with cars and felt that its time I learnt to do the basics. Would anyone recommend carrying out basic stuff like an oil change. I had the head gasket changed a few months back. The mechanic told me to come back for an oil change after 2000 miles. Thing is I really want to do it myself !!

Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated

Cheers

here you go a walk through i done when i gave my car the full works(all oils)

sump plug 14mm

p0108091048.jpg

remember drain in to a bucket not a drain big trouble

p0108091056.jpg

now for the oil filter best way is through the n/s wheel arch

p0108091049.jpg

i'm a cheat here i have the propper filter tool heehee.

p010809104901.jpg

wee stubby ratchit ideal for the job

p0108091052.jpg

the filter is removed through the space you just had your arm up

p0108091053.jpg

re-fit in the reverse order

oh remember the new sump washer

p0108091057.jpg

their you go hope that helps.

• Like 1

Yeah, give it a go, I did mine yesterday, only needed to read the manual for the oil quantity and the location of the filter. Probably the easiest job there is provided the filter plays ball. I was lucky(?) as mine wasn't even finger tight and was leaking so good job I did it when I did!

Ade.

What oil did you use in the end?

Omri, your images are way too big 3264x2448 pixels lol. If you don't have the software etc to resize it, send them to me and i will resize it for you (probably to 800x600 or 1024x768). Just reduces the loading times for people with less bandwidth.

pictures look good and they load fast... good tuturiol for the novice... should be made a sticky in the maintaince section

same on my comp mate soon as i open the topic the pics are the right size but i have just found out to resize them for when i upload more.

i thought i was resizing them but i wasn't ticking the resize box....doh!!

and thanks mate now when i do bits to the car i take pics and put them up if people get stuck.

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links