Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I got a wicked 2006 IS250-SE in September (and Love it), I'm sure I've read somewhere that you get get the LED courtesy lights

to come on when you open the car at night (in the dark) but I just can't seem to get this working. The lights under the wing-mirrors

come on (nice...) the lights on the floor mats come on (nice) but the LED courtesy lights don't.

Can anyone please tell me if these lights can be configured to come on as you enter the car in the dark?

Whilst I'm in begging mode, has anyone got any advice on the best way to install a blue-tooth phone so that it

cuts out the radio, uses the internal speakers etc? Are Parrots any good?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Gazza.

Hi Gazza

I think the LED courtesy lights are the ones which point to the floor mats in the front. The only other LED lights inside are the map reading lights and i think these only turn on by using their switch. Please correct me if i'm wrong!

I read in the 2008 brochure that the wing mirror lights turn on when your leaving the car and that there are also courtesy lights when you approach the boot, but neither of these occur either. Maybe another misprint?

Hello Gazza, I am sure that the internal LED lights (used for map reading) do NOT come on when the car is approached or unlocked. What does is the footwells, the front and rear door activated middle light (that's the one between the LED lights) and the door mirror ones. Make sure the internal door activated lights have the switch in the right place I think.

I had a Parrot in a previous Corolla and it was connected to the radio and cut it out when a call was made/received and worked well.

Does your IS250SE not come with Bluetooth then?

Thanks.

For the internal lights in the roof to come on, make sure that the switch "door" is in the right position. If it is off then they will NOT come on when the door is opened/you approach the car.

Thanks.

Gaz

i have just had a nokia Ck100 installed for £196 which mutes the radio and comes out car speakers

if you want the name of the company PM

Hi, thanks for the reply, what made you choose the Nokia over the Parrot (which most folks seem to install nowadays) ?

Cheers.

Gaz

i have just had a nokia Ck100 installed for £196 which mutes the radio and comes out car speakers

if you want the name of the company PM

Hi, thanks for the reply, what made you choose the Nokia over the Parrot (which most folks seem to install nowadays) ?

Cheers.

I didnt want a screen on show in my car - just that risk of people thinking its a sat Nav - i am very pleased with the Nokia kit

Is there meant to be a light in the Boot on the IS220d