Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Does Anyone Service Their Own 220?

yes, i have'nt serviced mine yet but i will next week, going to do oil, oil filter, air filter and pollen fitler, and maybe drain the coolent. and top of the rest. and inspect brake pads and wheel bearings

i've just bought the car and its out of warrenty so i'll never be going to a garage for a service, all they do is get an apprentice to service your car and charge you throught the roof and how do you know everything is put back correctly,

tools,

hydralic jack

stands

parts

and a manual if you've never done it before

edit: by the looks of it, its the same as changing the oil on any car, take out sump screw and open oil filter, then replace. think the sump capacity of the 220 is 6L

yes, i have'nt serviced mine yet but i will next week, going to do oil, oil filter, air filter and pollen fitler, and maybe drain the coolent. and top of the rest. and inspect brake pads and wheel bearings

i've just bought the car and its out of warrenty so i'll never be going to a garage for a service, all they do is get an apprentice to service your car and charge you throught the roof and how do you know everything is put back correctly,

tools,

hydralic jack

stands

parts

edit: by the looks of it, its the same as changing the oil on any car, take out sump screw and open oil filter, then replace. think the sump capacity of the 220 is 6L

Done the brakes last night

used Bluepoint Discs (which i think are OEM) and Mintex pads £130.00 all in fitted also have a workshop manual Handy thing

tools,

hydralic jack

stands

parts

I'd like to do it by myself also.

What I don't know is how much of oil you need to fill.

serviced the car yesterday, no probs, jacked up the car used jack stand to hold it up, removed 14mm screw on the sump and drained the oil, You do not have to remove the plastic cover that protects the bottom of the engine to get at the oil filter, all you have to do i remove 3 screws and take off the plastic cover, to remove the oil filter you need a special service tool, i did'nt have this but just used a chain grips to unscrew the filter cover, remove this and drain the oil from there also, then replace with new filter and put sump screw back in with new washer, and it takes 6 liters of oil, i used 10w-40 oil.