Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ok...Seems i am Playing 'Catch-Up' Here !

Does your Current Unit Display 'SEC' for a moment when you turn your ignition on ?

as i have said my LCD as lost most of its LCD so how can i check?

.......Not Even the Slightest of signs on the LCD Panel ???....If Not...

.....You are going to have to take that Unit out (whatever happens) So, Take a Chance!....I would remove the Unit, fit your Known Good LCD Panel, Re-fit it and Then See what happens !.............You Never Know! Your current unit may not be coded !

Seems you are going the long way around this!..................If it Doesn't Work, then Get along to Lexus and accept the fact that you will have to give them a fair bit of your cash to get it sorted :crybaby:

Although, Personally, I would do a bit more research on the People who may be able to do your Re-Code (if it's needed)

Ps. This is a long shot.....I wonder if it is Possible to fit the LCD while the unit is still connected ?????

Not recommended i Know!....But I do Remember the Climate Unit easily seperates from the Audio unit and there is room to work on it in the car, even if it is a case of just plugging in the New LCD unit..........There will obviously be Power to the unit (for memory etc) But it is not actually 'on' in the true sense !

.......Not Even the Slightest of signs on the LCD Panel ???....If Not...

.....You are going to have to take that Unit out (whatever happens) So, Take a Chance!....I would remove the Unit, fit your Known Good LCD Panel, Re-fit it and Then See what happens !.............You Never Know! Your current unit may not be coded !

Seems you are going the long way around this!..................If it Doesn't Work, then Get along to Lexus and accept the fact that you will have to give them a fair bit of your cash to get it sorted :crybaby:

Although, Personally, I would do a bit more research on the People who may be able to do your Re-Code (if it's needed)

Ps. This is a long shot.....I wonder if it is Possible to fit the LCD while the unit is still connected ?????

Not recommended i Know!....But I do Remember the Climate Unit easily seperates from the Audio unit and there is room to work on it in the car, even if it is a case of just plugging in the New LCD unit..........There will obviously be Power to the unit (for memory etc) But it is not actually 'on' in the true sense !

I know your trying to help phil,but at moment my radio is working if i take it out and its coded i cant put it back even if i had code as you cant see LCD.

the odds are both radios ant coded, and i was told LCD in replacement radio is fine but they could not tell me if its coded,i have the chassey number of the car it came out of that is if radio is coded and with chassey number,so if i take mine out it f---ed anyway, so i mite as well keep mine in working? till i can check this other one out,this is why i need the colour of wire that feeds the live to the radio, so i can fire it up out of car to check LCD and if its coded,if LCD is ok and it is coded then i can take it to my shop tell them which colour is live and then they will recode it. yes i could take it to LEXUS but i will not pay there price sorry,my shop will do it for 25 LEXUS you are talking 100 and they will send it away and i will be without a radio,so i mite as well try to fire this one up before i change them over.

many thanks anyway for trying to help

don

HI tigerfish, can you help me on this one i am still having problems,i have had plugs come and i been back to shop but with the plugs and wires and your diagram they cant identify the live one, do you know which colour is the live one and i will fire it up myself

From the diagrams, I can see a grey coloured wire on pin 1, that is the switched 12v from the ignition key and labelled as acc on the diagram. The permanent live 12v is a light blue and yellow coloured wire on pin 4 of the same plug. The earth is pin 2, again on the same plug, and coloured white and black. When you power it up yourself, ou will need to connect both pin 1 and 4 to your 12 volts, and earth to pin 2. You shouldn't need to connect anything to any of the other plugs to get the head unit to power up.

HI tigerfish, can you help me on this one i am still having problems,i have had plugs come and i been back to shop but with the plugs and wires and your diagram they cant identify the live one, do you know which colour is the live one and i will fire it up myself

From the diagrams, I can see a grey coloured wire on pin 1, that is the switched 12v from the ignition key and labelled as acc on the diagram. The permanent live 12v is a light blue and yellow coloured wire on pin 4 of the same plug. The earth is pin 2, again on the same plug, and coloured white and black. When you power it up yourself, ou will need to connect both pin 1 and 4 to your 12 volts, and earth to pin 2. You shouldn't need to connect anything to any of the other plugs to get the head unit to power up.

ok so looking from back of plug i have a gray which is 1 top left of the plug no 1, the light blue and yellow is 4th in from bottom right no 17, my wht and blk is top right no 10 is this correct tigerfish

ok so looking from back of plug i have a gray which is 1 top left of the plug no 1, the light blue and yellow is 4th in from bottom right no 17, my wht and blk is top right no 10 is this correct tigerfish

Without the stuff sat in front of me I have pretty much reached the end of what I can do mate. Sorry.

Without the stuff sat in front of me I have pretty much reached the end of what I can do mate. Sorry.

many thanks anyway tigerfish i will get these 3 wires checked before i fire it up as they dont tally with pin numbers as you say,but i have colours now.

i will let you know how i get on later tonight.

many thanks

don

many thanks anyway tigerfish i will get these 3 wires checked before i fire it up as they dont tally with pin numbers as you say,but i have colours now.

i will let you know how i get on later tonight.

many thanks

don

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, checked it out tigerfish wireing is a bit different to what you said i-e

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

its a 20 pin plug as shown looking from the back

10, blue/yellow LIVE

11, black/white EARTH

20,acc LIVE

NO CODE IS NEEDED and LCD is working fine nothing missing I am just hopping the the wireing loom is the same in 1998 and 2001 thanks for all your help mate will try to change them over one of the days this week

Good stuff mate. Let us know how you get on :)

wil do mate, got car booked in for it MOT tomoz? its not up till the 19th nov, but gettting it in anyway it still starts from that date anyway the new one dos as long as its not over a month early

wil do mate, got car booked in for it MOT tomoz? its not up till the 19th nov, but gettting it in anyway it still starts from that date anyway the new one dos as long as its not over a month early

Yeah, I always put mine in a month before. If it passes, then no probs, if not, you get a few weeks to sort it out.

Yeah, I always put mine in a month before. If it passes, then no probs, if not, you get a few weeks to sort it out.

HI Tigerfish it failed on hand brake never mind got it booked in tomorrow for the to do 35 notes parts extra if needed, just needs adjustment i hope i cant be bothered to fiddle around the hole

ANYWAY do you or anybody else know abouts theses poppers on the centre vents above radio, are they clips or just push in locaters,i tried this afternoon to remove vents as explaned in sticky just not sure what they mean by poppers i have pushed a 6'' metal rule down the side all around a good 2'' so i quess poppers mean just pushed in? but i would like to make sure before i try again as i dont want to brake anything,so i hope you or someone can help me

HI Tigerfish it failed on hand brake never mind got it booked in tomorrow for the to do 35 notes parts extra if needed, just needs adjustment i hope i cant be bothered to fiddle around the hole

ANYWAY do you or anybody else know abouts theses poppers on the centre vents above radio, are they clips or just push in locaters,i tried this afternoon to remove vents as explaned in sticky just not sure what they mean by poppers i have pushed a 6'' metal rule down the side all around a good 2'' so i quess poppers mean just pushed in? but i would like to make sure before i try again as i dont want to brake anything,so i hope you or someone can help me

Not a bad result on the MOT.

If the vents are like the Mk1, which I believe they are, then it is just a push fit. A tight push fit, but they will pop out. On mine, I angle the vents down and hook my fingers onto the bottom part of the vent surround to pull as hard as I can. You can lever them if you wanted to, but there is obviously more chance of damaging the surrounding dash/console.

If the vents are like the Mk1, which I believe they are, then it is just a push fit. A tight push fit, but they will pop out. On mine, I angle the vents down and hook my fingers onto the bottom part of the vent surround to pull as hard as I can. You can lever them if you wanted to, but there is obviously more chance of damaging the surrounding dash/console.

Cheers for that mate,cant do much today as car in garage hopefully not for long if its only adjustment

I will try again over next few days

Cheers for that mate,cant do much today as car in garage hopefully not for long if its only adjustment

I will try again over next few days

Well tigerfish, I took vents out and ashtray and 4 bolts holding unit in it was a little bit of a pig to pull unit out as the sides was sticky taped also.

anyway the wiring loom is different,i have 3 plugs going into the back of my radio the replacment as only 2.

so i have decided not to bother with replacment well at present time anyway,i know that i could get around it by chopping and splicing,unless i can get a converstion plug kit from 3 to 2.

Bit of info about MOT hand brake? I know they got disc all around and a amall drum at rear also for hand brake,how come adjusting the hand brake makes a difference on the main foot brake,do these also come on when your braking also

Bit of info about MOT hand brake? I know they got disc all around and a amall drum at rear also for hand brake,how come adjusting the hand brake makes a difference on the main foot brake,do these also come on when your braking also

Can't see any reason why it should make any difference. The handbrake is purely mechanical so in no way connected to the hydraulics of the normal brakes. Strange.

hmmm, bit of a bugger about the plugs on the stereo. Could be why the pin outs didn't match the diagram.

Can't see any reason why it should make any difference. The handbrake is purely mechanical so in no way connected to the hydraulics of the normal brakes. Strange.

hmmm, bit of a bugger about the plugs on the stereo. Could be why the pin outs didn't match the diagram.

I cant understand it same radio, and out of mk 2 mine being 1998 and replacement radio came out of a 2001

I cant understand it same radio, and out of mk 2 mine being 1998 and replacement radio came out of a 2001

Well I have doing a bit of phone calling to LEXUS ha ha, well when I got my replacement radio from a 2001 model from breaking on e bay they also gave me a copy of DVLA off road scrapped sheet which gave me the vin number and reg as Y, well after giving the chassie number to LEXUS it came out as a 1997 very early mk 2 not a 2001 ? not to sure on what happened to this car in its life time ? anyway still dont help but still working on wireing loom converter LEXUS dont do one

• 3 months later...

Well I have doing a bit of phone calling to LEXUS ha ha, well when I got my replacement radio from a 2001 model from breaking on e bay they also gave me a copy of DVLA off road scrapped sheet which gave me the vin number and reg as Y, well after giving the chassie number to LEXUS it came out as a 1997 very early mk 2 not a 2001 ? not to sure on what happened to this car in its life time ? anyway still dont help but still working on wireing loom converter LEXUS dont do one

well i have just got me a bran new radio same model still in box from liquidated stock and as 3 plugs not 2 and will be putting it in today, have fitted new unit well i have LCD that i can read screen woop woop, and have 2 spair units get rid of eb

well i have just got me a bran new radio same model still in box from liquidated stock and as 3 plugs not 2 and will be putting it in today, have fitted new unit well i have LCD that i can read screen woop woop, and have 2 spair units get rid of eb

bit of a result :)

Yes mate,couldnt find any plug converters and i didnt fancy splicing wires so decided to wait fot anothing to come up,it came tuesday and only took 15 min to change thanks to your help earlier, that other one i have put on eBay need to get some of my money back if not all, the old one out of car not sure what to do yet with it,thanks for your help

• 1 month later...

Yes mate,couldnt find any plug converters and i didnt fancy splicing wires so decided to wait fot anothing to come up,it came tuesday and only took 15 min to change thanks to your help earlier, that other one i have put on eBay need to get some of my money back if not all, the old one out of car not sure what to do yet with it,thanks for your help

New radio is great I can read all the screen its great,sold the other one on e bay and made a 20 pound loss,and keeping the old one out car for spairs,I would put photos on to show you all but this nes system wont let me?

Many thanks to tigerfish and all for all your help in this topic.