Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mot & Service @ Albin Motors - Big Thumbs Up!

Jobow

Hi all!

Just to say from my last post, my car sailed through its MOT and service, thankfully!

On another note I travelled from Twickenham to Albin Motors in Lower Sydenham, London for the work. Not an insignificnant journey, I can assure you, espcially as I live next door to Lexus Twickenham.

Based on recommendation, I was not disappointed!

Kevin, the Owner, welcomed me, knew exactly what my car was and what work we had discussed weeks ago, upon arrival.

The garage was clean and tidy with a lot of cars being serviced always a good sign. The work on my car was carried out with ease and I was kept informed all the way through.

What I particularly liked was that Kevin was very honest and realistic about the work that did and didnt need doing. Genuine Lexus parts were used and the cost extremely reasonable.

I am quite particular and wary about who I entrust my car to but I would, without hesitation, recommend ABM Motors to other Lexus owners in the London area! Check him out!

Thanks

joe

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all!

Just to say from my last post, my car sailed through its MOT and service, thankfully!

On another note I travelled from Twickenham to Albin Motors in Lower Sydenham, London for the work. Not an insignificnant journey, I can assure you, espcially as I live next door to Lexus Twickenham.

Based on recommendation, I was not disappointed!

Kevin, the Owner, welcomed me, knew exactly what my car was and what work we had discussed weeks ago, upon arrival.

The garage was clean and tidy with a lot of cars being serviced always a good sign. The work on my car was carried out with ease and I was kept informed all the way through.

What I particularly liked was that Kevin was very honest and realistic about the work that did and didnt need doing. Genuine Lexus parts were used and the cost extremely reasonable.

I am quite particular and wary about who I entrust my car to but I would, without hesitation, recommend ABM Motors to other Lexus owners in the London area! Check him out!

Thanks

joe

Can you perhaps give us an idea of the service you had done and the rough cost so we can do some comparisons?

I would also like to give the thumbs up to ABM as I recently had my IS300 serviced by them. For £430 Kevin carried out a full 60,000 mile service, including spark plugs and auto transmission fluid. I also wanted the cambelt changed (£260) but unfortunatley Kevin could'nt undo the crankshaft pully bolt and didnt want to put to much pressure on it just in case something broke. Not sure what I am going to do now as I really wanted the belt changed....any suggestions would be most welcome.

I am very fussy about who I entrust my pride and joy with and would have no hesitation whatsoever in recomending ABM. The garage is very clean and tidy and Kevin is an extremely nice guy. He kept me fully informed of what needed to be done and the cost.

Could not undo the crankshaft pulley bolt?????? Maybe you should try a Lexus Dealer.

I agree the garage should be able to do it, I wouldn't really wanna give them the biggest thumbs up for that reason, I know it is torqued to 326nm but my local garage did mine on my IS300 without probs!!

I can "third" ABM - seems like a nice honest garage.

I think sometimes they might be on the cautious side, which is maybe why they didn't want to force your pulley bolt. But the mechanics are all ex-toyota/lexus so should have been capable.

Could not undo the crankshaft pulley bolt?????? Maybe you should try a Lexus Dealer.

So if i swallow my pride and take it to my local £exus Dealer and they break something, will they accept full responsibility and pay the full cost of putting it right or do you think they will ask me to cough up

So if i swallow my pride and take it to my local £exus Dealer and they break something, will they accept full responsibility and pay the full cost of putting it right or do you think they will ask me to cough up

If the Lexus garage (or any other garage) damage your car then they should repair the damage- the garage that damages your car should pick up the bill for the parts and labour cost of recifying the damage IMHO.

If the Lexus garage (or any other garage) damage your car then they should repair the damage- the garage that damages your car should pick up the bill for the parts and labour cost of recifying the damage IMHO.

Agree