Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bike Rack

:whistling: as it say's I want one as I am starting to use the old mountain bike again and need something to put it on.

Don't know if any of you lot have one that they use on the 200 or have one for sale :shifty: cheap.. don't want to go down the road of a towbar and use one like that...want one that goes on the boot so to speak

so chaps some ideas would be appreciated to which type would work on the Lex :winky:

cheers

I use the Halfords high 3 mount carrier. It fits on ok and it made it all the way up to Fort Bill and back.

A roof rack system would be best but they are also mega expensive.

the one you got from Halfords is it easy to mount and how much did you pay for it

:unsure: the one on eBay is a roof mounted one and you also need to buy roof bars so it gets expensive

come on chaps there must be a few more on here that use there car to carry bikes :tomato:

Mine was free as i fished it out the skip when we had a clearout at work. Its dead is easy to fit, and is held on with straps. Takes about 5 minutes to get it on the back.

I wouldn't put more than two bikes on it though, as the weight makes the boot lid flex. It isn't a recommended fit for the is200 in the brochure but it suits me fine.

best thing to do is go in store and have a look at them. Buy one try it, and take it back if you don't like the fit. I have no pic on the car sorry.

I think I may go down the road for a tow bar mounted one as I have borrowed a strap on mounted rack with the intention of buying it cheap.....I may just get it as it may be the right price. Would rather have a tow bar mounted one tho and I can knick my mates trailer when I want

cheers guys for the input :winky: