Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is This The Rarest Lexus In Uk?

smudgertoday

I bought my LS400 from Toyota in Feb 1993. As far as I know it is the only one in the UK with RHD, variable air suspension, ECT Power transmission, and traction control. I gather it was one of the first LS400 into UK, and Toyota were experimenting with this unusual spec. Having suffered no accidents, and spending most of its time under wraps cuddled up to a dehumidifier, it still looks pretty much as new (always had seat covers) with the original toolkit, torch, handbook etc. It's still very quick, and the only significant repair has been renewing the aircon this year. Is it a collector's item?

I bought my LS400 from Toyota in Feb 1993. As far as I know it is the only one in the UK with RHD, variable air suspension, ECT Power transmission, and traction control. I gather it was one of the first LS400 into UK, and Toyota were experimenting with this unusual spec. Having suffered no accidents, and spending most of its time under wraps cuddled up to a dehumidifier, it still looks pretty much as new (always had seat covers) with the original toolkit, torch, handbook etc. It's still very quick, and the only significant repair has been renewing the aircon this year. Is it a collector's item?

Hi seems to be a japanese spec one, has it cloth or leather. the ls 400 came into the uk late 1989 or early 1990 so its probably not of massive value.

Apart from the air suspension my Celsior has the same specs,does yours have the power folding mirrors, no EGR system and the radio aerial integrated into the rear window demist element?

Apart from the air suspension my Celsior has the same specs,does yours have the power folding mirrors, no EGR system and the radio aerial integrated into the rear window demist element?

Thanks for your interest. Yes, it has powered mirrors, and no EGR, but the wireless aerial is on the rear n/s wing. The car was registered by Toyota in May 1990; I believe it was an American spec.

The fact that it has rust around the wind screen will put many people off.

Most ls400's I have seen for sale have no rust issues at all!!

Anywhere between £500 and £1000 would be my guess.