Would These Fit ?

lenny123

been looking at dotz hanzo alloys these are the specs on them Size:

8.0x17

PCD: 5/114.3

Offset: 35

could you tell me if they would fit a 51 plate is200 SE thanks again

offset is too low, they will be sticking out from the arches and will rub

yes mate, i have the exact same size, with 215 45 17 upfront and 225 45 17 at the rear, there are a couple of pics in my user profile, i think ormi has similar set up, i found they don't scrub on full lock etc, the front seem very flush to the wing etc. That's with slightly lower sport suspention, the 215 tyres look a little euro stretched look, wouldn't go 225 on front as may not tuck under wheel arch as well as 215.

yes mate, i have the exact same size, with 215 45 17 upfront and 225 45 17 at the rear, there are a couple of pics in my user profile, i think ormi has similar set up, i found they don't scrub on full lock etc, the front seem very flush to the wing etc. That's with slightly lower sport suspention, the 215 tyres look a little euro stretched look, wouldn't go 225 on front as may not tuck under wheel arch as well as 215.

so they would fit no problem with no rubbing on standard suspention setup front or back and would they still be ok with 205/40/17 as these are what the alloys come with? thanks again

for me they are fine but with 205 40 17 not 100% sure, obviously 205 is narrower so will stretch more than the 215, bearing in mind the 215 oem tyre fits oem 7j wheel, so you will be fitting 205 to 8j, the profile will probably be a bit lower 40% of 205 rather than 45% 0f 215 ratio so will probably be ok on that score too. my only real concern is that the 205 is stretched a bit too far but if that is what they come with hopefully ok.(don't know what the minimum width of tyre is for an 8j wheel.) the wheels don't stick out of the arches like a roller skate but are very flush. if they are cheap and come with tyres i would go for it also don't know where they are coming from but can check with seller etc or possibly try on first. also the speedo may read slighty out due to slightly different rolling circumfrance and with a narrow tyre a bit less grip. also check to see if standard wheel nuts fit or you need tuner bolts and/or spigot rings etc as you still need correct centre bore

for me they are fine but with 205 40 17 not 100% sure, obviously 205 is narrower so will stretch more than the 215, bearing in mind the 215 oem tyre fits oem 7j wheel, so you will be fitting 205 to 8j, the profile will probably be a bit lower 40% of 205 rather than 45% 0f 215 ratio so will probably be ok on that score too. my only real concern is that the 205 is stretched a bit too far but if that is what they come with hopefully ok.(don't know what the minimum width of tyre is for an 8j wheel.) the wheels don't stick out of the arches like a roller skate but are very flush. if they are cheap and come with tyres i would go for it also don't know where they are coming from but can check with seller etc or possibly try on first. also the speedo may read slighty out due to slightly different rolling circumfrance and with a narrow tyre a bit less grip. also check to see if standard wheel nuts fit or you need tuner bolts and/or spigot rings etc as you still need correct centre bore

ok i see well this is what they say it comes with so if you didnt have any problems with rubbing on your tires then i shudnt with a 205 tire because its smaller on the rim am i correct? and it comes with full fitting kit to match car so should be ok there if he says he can put different size tires on them shall i pick different profile tires or stick with the 205 ones thanks again

i wouldn't go for any less than a 215 on a 8inch rim as for the 40 profile thats a bit too small also it will make your wheels look tiny!

anyway my set up..... front lowered 40mm rear approx 45mm wheels...... 18" 8"wide et 35 can go 5up with a full boot and no rubbing at all..

but when i went to fit mine i had a lot of they wont fit or they will rub well they wont :P unless you go for a silly wide tyre.

i wouldn't go for any less than a 215 on a 8inch rim as for the 40 profile thats a bit too small also it will make your wheels look tiny!

anyway my set up..... front lowered 40mm rear approx 45mm wheels...... 18" 8"wide et 35 can go 5up with a full boot and no rubbing at all..

but when i went to fit mine i had a lot of they wont fit or they will rub well they wont :P unless you go for a silly wide tyre.

thanks for the advice so if i could get him to do a 215/45/17 on the alloys that will be better and my main question has been answered because i ring companys asking if they would and some say no they wont some say they will so hopefully i can get a different tire THIS WOULD BE BETTER AM I CORRECT IGNORE THE CAPS CANT GET IF OFF LOL THANKS

i too think 205 would stretch too much, 215 stretch a little and is visually noticable when looking for it, 225 fit perfect but would have 215 up front to tuck under arch better and 225 at rear, i say this because the rear seems to be a little more accomodating, i don't know the deal you're getting mate but you could consider wheels only and swap the tyres from your standard wheels onto the new ones like i did, but if you are getting a package would say 215-45-17 all round (or 225-45-17 rear only)f you have a choice, even if it means paying a bit more, if you're getting them used etc thenj try them with the 205's and see, replace them a bit later for fatter ones

their you go 215 45 18 tyre on a 8" rim,i'll go out and take a better photo in a min.

p2504091509.jpg

tyre tread..you will see the slight stretch to the tyre(the shiney part is the rim)

p0710092049.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
sorry to jump in on this and bring it back from the dead but I've just bought some 18x7.5 with ET35. Reading all of this is seems as if an 7.5 inch wheel with a 225/40/18 tyre should be fine on front and the backs??

is your car lowered?i think you'll have some rubbing issues matey mines lowered approx 50mm rear 40mm front when loaded i have approx 3mm to spare before the tyre hits the rear wheel arch.also the tyres might stick out a bit much.i run 215 40 18's with no issues what so ever.

hope that helps.