Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alarm Keeps Going Off, Early Hours Of The Morning.

so if the alarm goes off, then what else could it be ?

Don't really know to be honest, but at least you'd know that you don't have to fork anything out for the interior sensors!

It could be a faulty door sensor or something though, so you'll need to rule things out one by one.

So let me get this straight... if i lock all the doors one by one manually and then lock the drivers door with they key alone.. then wouldnt the car still self lock itself? and activate the alarm anyway?

Lock itself? It definitely doesn't do that!

Once you park up, just open the drivers door and then hit lock on the switch on the door. That will lock all the doors except the drivers, then just get out, shut the door and lock the drivers with the key. Doors will be locked, but alarm will be off.

Simples :)

• Like 1

sorry to join this disscussion at tis late stage, but going back to the first reply you got, i also had this problem, went to dealers (aberdeen) and was given a choice of fixes, replace interior sensor at a cost of £200, or simply disconnect the interior sensor part of the alarm system there and then at no cost, i went for the latter, the guy went back to the car and did it in less than 2 minutes and sent me on my way, never had a problem again.

I vever followed him to the workshop so i dont know how he did it, but it an be done on the spot.

• 11 years later...

i think you can adjust the sensitivity of the sensors. Sometimes small flies in the car can set off the sensors if set too sensitive - flies can often wake up at night. Alternatively, mice can do the same if you live in a rural area.

When the Battery on my car was on the way out, the car would make very quiet, rhythmic, chirping noises, which you would only notice if standing next to it. Ignoring this meant a flat Battery.

• 7 months later...

Yes I have a 2003 Lexus and my key fob does not work so I have been locking my doors manually with the key. My alarm started to go off on its own. I don’t know how to get it off. When I lock I double click on the drivers side door

I have two Lexuses.
Both of their alarms went off randomly this year for different reasons. 

Luckily, one of my friends told me there is an internal sensor so you don't fall asleep in the locked car, or leave a child or animal inside to cook.

I figured out one reason was my sun screen I put in the windscreen to block the sun when parked sometimes falls down. The movement sets off the alarm. Okay - no more sun screen!

My other Lexus' alarm went off last night and tonight. Very embarrassing as our neighbors are very close. I went out to examine and found a grasshopper flying around inside the car. Obviously the motion sensor picked that up! So - check for bugs in your car or just spray insecticide if you are desperate.

End
----------------------------

[QUOTE=ChitChat;5472087]So why do you think my alarm went off for no explainable reason today? My car is parked in front of my house and all of a sudden I hear an alarm going off. Now, I've never heard my own alarm so I wasn't even aware it was mine until it kept going and I realized it might be mine. So I went to look out the window and I couldn't decipher where the sound was coming from because there's a lot of cars around here (I just woke up and I wasn't dressed to go outside). So for the heck of it, I grabbed my fob and kept pressing buttons to see if it would go off. I was so flustered and nothing went off so I thought it wasn't mine. Then I held down the red button and it finally went off. Embarassing because all the neighbors were looking out their windows. LOL
Has this happened to anyone for no reason? Does it mean someone tried to open my door (which I doubt because it's broad daylight in a quiet neighborhood). What warnings should I look for on the dash when I go in there for the first time after shutting off the alarm?[/QUOTE]

On 10/23/2020 at 11:31 AM, James Cooper said:

It appears to be a fault with Lexus sensors. I have a moon roof to keep the car cool and if it is open the sensor sensors the slightest air movement. Lexus know that they have a problem but appear unwilling to fix it.
They say there is a fly in the car but that is not correct.
I don't want to sense flies or air movements. Just break-insins.
For a top quality car I am not impressed.
I tried putting tape over the sensor, it did not work.
The suggestion is switch it off 
Not impressed Try Consumer affairs

There was a grasshopper in my car setting off the movement sensor. I would believe Lexus. If your sunroof is open, flies can fly in...

• 3 weeks later...

I realised a few random alarms in my IS300 was the sluggish inertia reels reeling themselves in a few inches, often hours after I got out. I got into the habit of ensuring they went back all the way and it it didn't happen again. Could have been a convenience, but may be worth a look. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2021 at 7:22 PM, carterashley said:

I had this earlier in the year (suggest search for thread), but only now and then....always at night. get-vidmate.com instasave

one of my friends told me there is an internal sensor so you don't fall asleep in the locked car, or leave a child or animal inside to cook.

• 1 month later...

My Lexus RX450 2016 started doing this last year, you it went off 22 times in 2 days, always at night.

Lexus said that the alarm is very sensitive and there was nothing they could do, they cleaned out the interior and said it may have been spiders moving about. That cured it for a while but this year it happened again, also at night. I took it back to Lexus and got the same result. 

I took out an extra two years warranty and their work cleaning was free, the waranty has run out now so I am waiting for the next time it goes off. If anyone comes up with an answer please let me know 

At the moment I feel that the car is not for for purpose. 

I recently had the same problem with my UX. It was a moth. Sleep by day fly by night. I dont know ifyour IS has the same internal alarm sensors as the UX but there is a switch to turn them off if required. 

• 1 year later...