Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

For Sale - Rare & Immaculate 1990 One-owner L£400

This LS400 was registered by Toyota in 1990; I think it was an American spec for evaluation. I bought it from Toyota in Feb 1993. As far as I know it is the only one in the UK with RHD, variable air suspension, ECT Power transmission, and traction control. 116k miles, and still very fast. FSH, no accidents, and amazingly still looks pretty much like new (always had seat covers) with original toolkit, torch, handbook etc. Inside, the car looks amazing. The engine compartment is very clean, and the boot is unworn (as it were). Bodywork is good apart from slight bubbling along the top of the front windscreen.

It's dark green and cream, has new aircon, and MOT to August 2010.

Now near Aylesbury, cohabiting with a dehumidifier. I haven't a clue regarding an asking price (but see "Is this the rarest Lexus..." in New Member section, 6th October 2009). Inspection/offers invited.

This LS400 was registered by Toyota in 1990; I think it was an American spec for evaluation. I bought it from Toyota in Feb 1993. As far as I know it is the only one in the UK with RHD, variable air suspension, ECT Power transmission, and traction control. 116k miles, and still very fast. FSH, no accidents, and amazingly still looks pretty much like new (always had seat covers) with original toolkit, torch, handbook etc. Inside, the car looks amazing. The engine compartment is very clean, and the boot is unworn (as it were). Bodywork is good apart from slight bubbling along the top of the front windscreen.

Now near Aylesbury, cohabiting with a dehumidifier. I haven't a clue regarding an asking price (but see "Is this the rarest Lexus..." in New Member section, 6th October 2009). Inspection/offers invited.

Your best bet is to become a gold member before you start trying to sell It, or your post will be removed, Im sure someone on here will be intrested in it though. Go 4 Gold you know its worth it :winky:

Your best bet is to become a gold member before you start trying to sell It, or your post will be removed, Im sure someone on here will be intrested in it though. Go 4 Gold you know its worth it :winky:

Er, I am a Gold Member. What should I be doing?

If you've joined gold then that's cool, the mods prob haven't sorted out the "gold" logo yet.

Might be better if you put it in the cars for sale section though.

Thanks for that - Yes, CARS FOR SALE would be excellent, but I couldn't find it. OK, old and dim, I admit it.

Would you be very kind and provide a further hint?

If you've joined gold then that's cool, the mods prob haven't sorted out the "gold" logo yet.

Might be better if you put it in the cars for sale section though.

Thanks for that - Yes, CARS FOR SALE would be excellent, but I couldn't find it. OK, old and dim, I admit it.

Hi , instead of clicking the Ls400 section on the main page scroll down through the other sections and you will find "cars for sale"

cheers steve

Apologies didn't realise you were a Gold member :blush::blush:

Do you have some pictures to post up?

Does it have the TEMS suspension?

Steve -

No. I haven't got round to pictures, but I suppose most G Reg LS400s look the same. regarding the TEMS suspension - again, I haven't a clue. I don't think TEMS is mentioned in the handbook. There are two rocker switches by the gear lever - one is for firming up the suspension, the other is for the "Power" option; there's another switch for the ECT traction control.

Sorry - I'm not very clued up, I just drive it. What I do know is that if I stiffen the suspension and hit the power switch, it don't 'alf go!

Luckily, I don't have to make a living out of flogging motors. I've taken some pictures (eventually may figure out how to upload them) and there is a THIRD BUTTON - for height adjustment. Well, I've only had the car for 16 years...

Put it up here mate CARS FOR SALE :)

Parthiban -

Thanks for that, but when I tried to "start a topic" I received "Sorry, you do not have permission to start a topic in this forum".

If I start at the beginning, and log in as a Gold Member, where do I then find "Cars for sale"?

I much appreciate your help.

Parthiban -

Thanks for that, but when I tried to "start a topic" I received "Sorry, you do not have permission to start a topic in this forum".

If I start at the beginning, and log in as a Gold Member, where do I then find "Cars for sale"?

I much appreciate your help.

Hmmm, that would imply that you're not a gold member. If you've joined up and paid the gold subscription, I'd send Steve a PM to check your status, as if you're a gold member you should be able to post in the cars for sale section that I linked to above.